Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff conflicting with Members

Advertisement Placeholder
This has as of yet not happened to me however I can imagine if it did happen it would put me in quite a harsh place in the first place but I know I would have to deal with it in an adult manner and in a way that the ones involved would understand why I had to. I would probably speak to them both especially my staff member explaining how their actions are affecting the forum and then speak to the member explaining how their actions where affecting the forum and warn them to act mature and ignore each other if they can not get on. If all else failed I would suspend them for a few days until things calmed down a little between them.

If you resort to banning both members or one of the two members it will not end well. I have been banned by forums for simply having different opinions with another member and apparently the staff thought we were "flaming" when really we were just having a verbal discussion.

What should be done is allow the discussion to continue or resolve the issue without ban. Whenever a forum bans me, I never return to the forum. I don't put up with power-happy assholes. :p

Whenever a staff tries to assert his power unfairly, I warn the staff member that I will leave if he does so. If he then still tries to make my life difficult then I just leave. I tell them and then leave. You've got to understand that there are many forums out there. I have enough options out there that if I don't get along with a staff member and a staff member treats me like shit I don't have to put up with it.

I tend to give staff the power to do anything he/she wants. Of course, if the staff abuses power, I will remove him/her from staff position.

If they already had a deep hatred, then I would just advise the staff member not to handle anything with that member

But if it happened on my forum, I would step in.

If they already had a deep hatred, then I would just advise the staff member not to handle anything with that member

But if it happened on my forum, I would step in.

What kind of steps would you take? Would you side with your staff or would you side with the member?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds