Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

So what about that iPhone X

Drew

Reputable member
Website
xenfiles.com
Credits
In my own opinion, it's bull crap. It's worth a months pay first of all, does nothing new really except scan your damn face. #AndroidMasterRace #iPhoneIsNotAnOS

Advertisement Placeholder
Despite the fact that the benchmarks are far higher than your android, and it doesn't blow up?
First of all, there are NO OFFICIAL benchmarks on the iPhone X because it's not been released. And secondly of all, speed shouldn't be the deciding factor in buying a phone. And lastly, iPhone 4's had a similar issue where over 70 documented phones caught fire and some exploded just like the note. Media is key here, the media wasn't a tech hover back when the 4 was released like they are now. I can rant all day about how android is better. I'll win, trust me. Don't even bother arguing.

there are NO OFFICIAL benchmarks on the iPhone X because it's not been released

8 and 8+ have the same chipset, if they are any indicators (and they probably are), that's the case.

I'll win, trust me. Don't even bother arguing.

Can you send a text from your computer using an Android? How about seamless integration for everything you own?

See - the thing is - that an iPhone runs well for the same reason a Mac does: Because it's built to run on that hardware. Android is an Open Source, morphed, pile of bollocks that has to run on everything; just like Windows.

Instead of being self-righteous, perhaps you would be better off pondering the reasons that Apple devices work so well.

8 and 8+ have the same chipset, if they are any indicators (and they probably are), that's the case.

Can you send a text from your computer using an Android? How about seamless integration for everything you own?

See - the thing is - that an iPhone runs well for the same reason a Mac does: Because it's built to run on that hardware. Android is an Open Source, morphed, pile of bollocks that has to run on everything; just like Windows.

Instead of being self-righteous, perhaps you would be better off pondering the reasons that Apple devices work so well.
Apple products is for simple people. People use Android because it's better, and I use Windows because nothing is compatible with a Mac.

And yes I can send a text, it's called email, look up how to send a text to any carrier using email, I do it all the time.

Apple products is for simple people.

Apple products are for people that don't want to spend the next 6 months dicking around with trying to update.

And yes I can send a text, it's called email

Clever. So, what happens when someone sends you a text message on your phone, and it's on the other side of the room; or worse, on the other end of the house and you can't hear it?

Clever. So, what happens when someone sends you a text message on your phone, and it's on the other side of the room; or worse, on the other end of the house and you can't hear it?

I use Amazon echo and the dots so when I get a text I can hear it in every room of my house, living room, bedroom etc.

Apple products are for people that don't want to spend the next 6 months dicking around with trying to update.

I can actually update my note 5 in about 6 minutes. So you lose there.

First of all, there are NO OFFICIAL benchmarks on the iPhone X because it's not been released. And secondly of all, speed shouldn't be the deciding factor in buying a phone. And lastly, iPhone 4's had a similar issue where over 70 documented phones caught fire and some exploded just like the note. Media is key here, the media wasn't a tech hover back when the 4 was released like they are now. I can rant all day about how android is better. I'll win, trust me. Don't even bother arguing.
Speed is important. I'm not sure what world you're from, but every second adds up. Why waste time when you can have a fast phone.
There were still more reported Note 7s exploding than that instance. Plus, there wasn't a "fixed"
phone sent to anyone that still blew up... All in all, Samsung lost more than Apple has in the past. Especially for how long it took them to fix it and the multiple times they had thought they fixed it.
"When Samsung announced an official recall with the CPSC in mid-September, it said it had received 92 reports of batteries in the popular smartphone overheating in the U.S., resulting in 26 instances of burns and 55 of property damage. In the weeks since, at least three owners of replacement Note 7s, in Minnesota, Kentucky and on a Southwest Air flight that had to be evacuated, reported fires with their replacement device."

I don't hold this against them, and it certainly doesn't affect my opinion on Android. Everyone messes up sometimes but they fixed it and none of their newer phones have battery problems. They also did a nice press conference of explaining what the issue was, I recommend watching it if you haven't yet.
Apple products is for simple people. People use Android because it's better, and I use Windows because nothing is compatible with a Mac.

And yes I can send a text, it's called email, look up how to send a text to any carrier using email, I do it all the time.

People don't "use Android because it's better" they use it because they THINK it's better.

It is the same simpleness as windows. I'm really not sure what you were trying to get at here. No one buys a Mac because of its simplicity. They buy it for integration, power, brand, style, and portability. Don't knock a company for streamlining efficiency in design. Windows look like shit and is annoying as hell most of the time. (I use Windows more than I use Mac)

Also.. That seems like a hassle. I'd prefer to just get my messaging app out and type to a friend.

I can actually update my note 5 in about 6 minutes. So you lose there.
What do you mean by this? I don't think he was referring to speed, he was probably referring to how Android isn't released to all the different brands of Android phone. Yes, I know there are bypasses, but the average person won't go through the steps.

I don't think he was referring to speed, he was probably referring to how Android isn't released to all the different brands of Android phone.

Yup; Android is analogous to Blackberry; your OEM (or in the case of Blackberry, at the time, your VSP) has to approve the update. With iPhone, provided your phone can actually support the major version, you get given the update.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds