Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Small town businesses using copyrighted material for their promotions/logos

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Many years ago I was going to see family and I saw a sign to a business that featured Super Mario on their sign. I believe it was a mechanic or a plumber business, I don't recall. But I remember thinking how was this person able to get away with using a copyrighted character to promote themselves. This seems to happen with small towns, they for some reason think they can use anything to advertise.

Anyway, have you ever seen a company using another companies mascot as their own?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, it is a frequent scenario in the place where I live. People are using copyrighted material knowingly or unknowingly. With the evolution of digital media, no one seems to be respecting intellectual property rights.

This is something that is very common in my country as well and that is the reason why I try as much as possible to make sure that I have every materials that I use for the promotion and advertising of my business trademarked or watermarked. This is so that it is going to be very difficult for another business to make use of my intellectual property without exposing themselves they are using another materials of another person's business.

This is something that is very common in my country as well and that is the reason why I try as much as possible to make sure that I have every materials that I use for the promotion and advertising of my business trademarked or watermarked. This is so that it is going to be very difficult for another business to make use of my intellectual property without exposing themselves they are using another materials of another person's business.

There are a few local businesses that use copyrighted material. I have seen a stall owner using the logo of a very big restaurant. The stall owner used to sell fries to customers. That business was so small that I really doubt that any action could have been taken against it. However, I think that businesses must never take this risk at all.

There are a few local businesses that use copyrighted material. I have seen a stall owner using the logo of a very big restaurant. The stall owner used to sell fries to customers. That business was so small that I really doubt that any action could have been taken against it. However, I think that businesses must never take this risk at all.

This is something that I am not going to be interested in doing with my own business because I know that I should have my own business identity which is going to make my own business to become unique in the market where I am trying to sell it. This is because whenever you are using another business property to promote your own business, you are indirectly promoting that business instead of your own.

This is something that I am not going to be interested in doing with my own business because I know that I should have my own business identity which is going to make my own business to become unique in the market where I am trying to sell it. This is because whenever you are using another business property to promote your own business, you are indirectly promoting that business instead of your own.

Yes, each and every business should have its own identity. This also includes creating your own logo and company name instead of copying these things from other companies or businesses. Creating a good company name or logo should not be that hard. A person should be creative enough to create a logo and the name of the company.

Many years ago I was going to see family and I saw a sign to a business that featured Super Mario on their sign. I believe it was a mechanic or a plumber business, I don't recall. But I remember thinking how was this person able to get away with using a copyrighted character to promote themselves. This seems to happen with small towns, they for some reason think they can use anything to advertise.

Anyway, have you ever seen a company using another companies mascot as their own?

I have seen lots of small businesses doing this and I bet that they get away with it as a result of the fact that there is nothing those that own those images will get from suing them. Aside that, I strongly doubt that any big company will make this kind of mistake.

I have seen lots of small businesses doing this and I bet that they get away with it as a result of the fact that there is nothing those that own those images will get from suing them. Aside that, I strongly doubt that any big company will make this kind of mistake.

If those small business which are into doing this kind of things thinks they are smart, they are being delusional. They are allowed to keep it up because the big businesses they copied doesn't want to sue them out of pity.

If those small business which are into doing this kind of things thinks they are smart, they are being delusional. They are allowed to keep it up because the big businesses they copied doesn't want to sue them out of pity.

I have also seen many small businesses using the logo of a popular business. In many cases, many small businesses use their own logos, however, in rare cases, they misuse the logo. I would say that they are risking their own business because they could get sued for that.

I have also seen many small businesses using the logo of a popular business. In many cases, many small businesses use their own logos, however, in rare cases, they misuse the logo. I would say that they are risking their own business because they could get sued for that.

Yes, they are only living on the fence which is bad for their business survival. If you're smart with how you manage your business, avoiding any kind of legal issues will save you from a big money loss. It will be impossible to win such case again a big company.

Yes, they are only living on the fence which is bad for their business survival. If you're smart with how you manage your business, avoiding any kind of legal issues will save you from a big money loss. It will be impossible to win such case again a big company.

Where the system is working, you can win law suits against the popular companies as long as they are the ones that offended you. In a matter where you are totally wrong, ask for mercy and settling out of court should be the best thing to do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds