Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🚫 Closed/Paused Sin Studios (sinstudios.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! :) I have some suggestions/feedback!

As you don't have many sections in the Sin Studios Members section I would pull Introductions to be out and #1 in that section and then keep the lounge underneath.

I like that your forum layout is simple, but I would try to expand the server development area. You have 2 sections in it now, but maybe have 3 as it is what the forum is mainly about. Perhaps a Server FAQ/Server Support... but I guess technically the two areas could host questions in them... You could do a "Project Lounge" and members can share their projects and get feedback and etc - although perhaps your goal was for that to be embedded in those 2 sections... just might be an idea to help expand.

The theme is okay! I like the colors on it - when I hear 'server and developer' I definitely can think of colorful, but I can also imagine a mostly dark theme with like lime green, haha semi like the matrix! xD I think what you have is great for a start though - this is just me babbling.

Biggest thing I can think of that you may need to do - find some forums in the similar category, advertising forums, webmaster forums, etc and you may be able to find people who will be able to fill your forum more as well too!

I think you're off to a great start and that's all my feedback for now! :)

Thank you for you detailed reply, Reverie :D

Your recommendation to remove introduction as a child of lounge will be actioned, I like that idea and because we don't have many sections this will create a fuller looking forum.

I fully appreciate what you're saying about having extra nodes/sections. My thinking for now, is that because the forum will have such a low amount of activity - it's best to keep the sections low so there's not tens of "no posts" sections. I have used prefixes in the hardware and software server development sections in an attempt to combat not having explicit sections for things like support. Let me know what you think about that?

HAHAHA you're completely right! It's either really colourful or down right dingy isn't it? Who knows what theme v2 will have in stock! haha

Definitely, I've started reaching out for partnerships from respected websites that offer services we wish to partner with.

Thank you for you detailed reply, Reverie :D

Your recommendation to remove introduction as a child of lounge will be actioned, I like that idea and because we don't have many sections this will create a fuller looking forum.

I fully appreciate what you're saying about having extra nodes/sections. My thinking for now, is that because the forum will have such a low amount of activity - it's best to keep the sections low so there's not tens of "no posts" sections. I have used prefixes in the hardware and software server development sections in an attempt to combat not having explicit sections for things like support. Let me know what you think about that?

HAHAHA you're completely right! It's either really colourful or down right dingy isn't it? Who knows what theme v2 will have in stock! haha

Definitely, I've started reaching out for partnerships from respected websites that offer services we wish to partner with.
I'm glad my feedback was a bit helpful or insightful! I totally understand not wanting it to look empty. As a guest I did not see the prefixes and what not - that is a great way to combat that. As well as helps you monitor what might be used the most and may need its own area eventually. Great thinking!

Looking forward to watch the progress of Sin Studios! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds