Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Silent or chatting with the driver?

Website
offtopix.com
Credits
Do you prefer silent taxi cab/uber/lyft rides ...or chatting with the driver?

Lets Go Halloween GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement Placeholder
A cab driver needs to be a fun person, easy to talk with, making jokes and being funny. Silence is awkward.

Mostly depends how tired I am and if I'm lost in thought; if I'm heading to the head office for the company I work for, I'll be getting an Uber from the hotel and I will be absolutely lost in thought, but if I'm not, I'll try and be at least a bit sociable - not all drivers for these things want sociable people early in the morning!

I'm not much of a talker around strangers, so if they did most of the talking I would probably be fine, but if the conversations required me to talk quite a bit, I'd probably rather sit in silence.

I understand this view. When you speak with strangers, you may end up saying the things you didn't want to say from the beginning. How good or bad is that, we may not know yet.

I like it when I am out of town. I was out of state a couple years ago and used Uber/Lyft to get around because I flew there and didn't have my car. It was cool to talk to the drivers and ask them for recommendations on stuff to see and good places to eat.

The only time I've used uber/lyft locally is when my car was in the shop and I use them to get to work and back (if I can't get a ride from a friend). I don't care to talk to people who are from the city I live in. I just want to get to where I am going, leave the chit chat out of it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds