Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should we have a 4 day work week or stick to 5 days?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you think most jobs should do with a 4 day work week instead of the traditional 5 day work weeks? I know some people who have vastly different schedules, but I think most jobs take place during the weekdays from M-F. Anyway, I think a 4 day work work would be way better. That way you can unwind for 3 days instead of the usual 2. I feel like 2 is never enough. Do you agree?

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you think most jobs should do with a 4 day work week instead of the traditional 5 day work weeks? I know some people who have vastly different schedules, but I think most jobs take place during the weekdays from M-F. Anyway, I think a 4 day work work would be way better. That way you can unwind for 3 days instead of the usual 2. I feel like 2 is never enough. Do you agree?

I think that when people work more and more, they tend to improve the economical conditions of the country. This is why there are many countries in the world where they offer just one day off to their employees in many places. However, in many places they offer holidays for two days. So, it may depend on the business.

In our country, the standard working days are 6. The last day of the week will be half a working day (you will have to work until 1 PM). The government has tried to introduce 5 days a week working schedule and it never worked. As a work form home professional, I normally work 7 days a week.

In my country, the 4 work day week recently was approved for certain jobs and even financial and fiscal aid from the government is being offered to companies that are gradually transitioning towards the objective of the 4-day workday, I think this in the long term will affect the productivity and wealth of the country in general, this is just my opinion, but I don't see the 4-day workday as something good, I think the 5-day workday is quite good and should be maintained, at least in my country .

A 4 day work week I believe is being trialled or has been trialled here in the UK which I think is awesome. At the moment it is only a trial but the results have been looking promising.

There have also been talks of making school a 4-day week as well and them having a 3-day weekend which I do feel is a good idea, especially with how long the terms tend to be as well before they even get a break.

I think it would help so many if a 4-day work week was brought into affect and a 3-day weekend was made normal.

There are companies where people work 6 days in a week. They only work half day on Saturdays.

We are used to working 5 days in a week in my zone and no company or business will be willing to agree with cutting is down to 4 days work in a week. It will affect their productivity.

I don't think there is any business in my country that is going to be interested in accepting for the workers to only work 4 days in a week. Even if that it's possible, workers are still going to be affected with the money they are being paid because since 2 days have been cut off from the week they are supposed to work, their pay is still going to be cut down as well.

I think that when people work more and more, they tend to improve the economical conditions of the country. This is why there are many countries in the world where they offer just one day off to their employees in many places. However, in many places they offer holidays for two days. So, it may depend on the business.
Yes, I agree with your point. Working more improves the economy of a country if done with honesty. I think if people had more off days, they would become lazy and less productive, so it's not a good idea to have 3 days off from their jobs.

A six day work week sounds awful though. I think we need more time to live instead of being stuck working all the time. I know we have to, but I think more jobs that offer easier schedules and good pay, will be the best jobs to go for.

Jobs in the US are kind of stingy with their vacation time. Some jobs here offer up to a week for vacation. Some jobs give you a select amount of vacation days a year, with your usual days off in between. But there are some jobs that barely give you time off.

I like when jobs give you vacation time that rolls over to each new year. Because when it does that, you can build up your vacation days and if you want you could take days, weeks or even months off depending on how many days you have saved up. But, sadly, some jobs give you a set amount a year, and if you don't use them, they don't roll over to the next year. So if you got vacation days left to use, use em up.

This is dependent on the population in an area. I can see 4 days working in an area where the population is not much, but for a place where the demand is higher, how do you plan to make this work? So, my point is that how much sales a firm is making should also be a factor to be considered too.

I do work 5 days sometimes I get free days and I'm happ who would not like to only work 4 days I do work full week sometimes because of a lot of work but then I earn more money

In my country, the 4 work day week recently was approved for certain jobs and even financial and fiscal aid from the government is being offered to companies that are gradually transitioning towards the objective of the 4-day workday, I think this in the long term will affect the productivity and wealth of the country in general, this is just my opinion, but I don't see the 4-day workday as something good, I think the 5-day workday is quite good and should be maintained, at least in my country .

So, does this mean that majority of the people work for four days in a week and do not work for three days in a week? In our country majority of the companies work for around six days in a week. However, a few companies make employees work for five days in a week.

So, does this mean that majority of the people work for four days in a week and do not work for three days in a week? In our country majority of the companies work for around six days in a week. However, a few companies make employees work for five days in a week.
Three days? I suppose you meant five days, in response to your question, for now there are few companies that work only four days a week in my country, but the government wants them to be many more and that is why, as I said in my previous comment, they are giving tax aid so that they achieve it or propose to do so.

In fact most companies still continue with the five-day shift because the measure is quite new, but I am sure that in the future there will be many more, the six-day shift that they have In your country it seems excessive in my opinion.

Three days? I suppose you meant five days, in response to your question, for now there are few companies that work only four days a week in my country, but the government wants them to be many more and that is why, as I said in my previous comment, they are giving tax aid so that they achieve it or propose to do so.

In fact most companies still continue with the five-day shift because the measure is quite new, but I am sure that in the future there will be many more, the six-day shift that they have In your country it seems excessive in my opinion.

Yes, they make people work for five days (i.e. from Monday to Friday). However, some companies make people work from Monday to Saturday as well. The government may want people to work for more days because they believe that the more people work, the better it would be.

Well, here in my region, it's been a four day work for those working offline as you can't be seen outside on Mondays but I guess that policy or restriction is dying out and everything is coming back to normal for the best.

With the high cost of transportation being expensive now in my country and with how officers are not willing to increase the amount they pay their Staff I would say it's best to go for 4 days over 5.

Yes, I agree with your point. Working more improves the economy of a country if done with honesty. I think if people had more off days, they would become lazy and less productive, so it's not a good idea to have 3 days off from their jobs.

Unfortunately, it's what we are seeing often today. Most people would like to work less but want to be paid more. Now, how that's going to be possible when they are not making enough money they are going to be paid more from? It's why I wouldn't ever support working 4 days in a week.

Unfortunately, it's what we are seeing often today. Most people would like to work less but want to be paid more. Now, how that's going to be possible when they are not making enough money they are going to be paid more from? It's why I wouldn't ever support working 4 days in a week.

People want to get paid more because they have also been noticing the effects on inflation on the economy. This is why they have to get paid more, as it might be no longer possible to survive if you do not get paid well.

Many organizations and other employers of labour will kick against the 4 days working days as it would affect their production and income base. But on the other hand the employees will be happy as it will give them more time to rest and relax..

Well, here in my region, it's been a four day work for those working offline as you can't be seen outside on Mondays but I guess that policy or restriction is dying out and everything is coming back to normal for the best.

The standard is a 5 day working day for most places. Could you please share why it is a 4 day working period in your location? Is it a government decision or something that has to do with the community leaders deciding? This is pretty strange unless it is not a forced decision and it was an agreement.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds