Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should we have a 4 day work week or stick to 5 days?

A six day work week sounds awful though. I think we need more time to live instead of being stuck working all the time. I know we have to, but I think more jobs that offer easier schedules and good pay, will be the best jobs to go for.

Jobs in the US are kind of stingy with their vacation time. Some jobs here offer up to a week for vacation. Some jobs give you a select amount of vacation days a year, with your usual days off in between. But there are some jobs that barely give you time off.

I like when jobs give you vacation time that rolls over to each new year. Because when it does that, you can build up your vacation days and if you want you could take days, weeks or even months off depending on how many days you have saved up. But, sadly, some jobs give you a set amount a year, and if you don't use them, they don't roll over to the next year. So if you got vacation days left to use, use em up.
I won't work 6 days in a week. It's a job and my life isn't tied to it which makes it mandatory I must do so in order to prevent me from dying. Monday to Friday is more than enough for any worker to be productive at work.

Advertisement Placeholder
I personally think 4 day work would be a great idea. But to keep everything go smooth, either the employees have to work for more hours than the regular 8 hours followed usually; Or the committed dates for the project milestones shall be keep as per the pace of work. If the employer takes care of these things, I think it will do wonders. The employees will get 3 days of long weekends which would be great! The perfect work-life balance!

People want to get paid more because they have also been noticing the effects on inflation on the economy. This is why they have to get paid more, as it might be no longer possible to survive if you do not get paid well.

Unfortunately, even when you're being paid more when there's a serious high inflation, the payment doesn't make any sense at all because you're still going to be forced to spend everything on the highly costly products which the same inflation have hiked their costs.

Do you think most jobs should do with a 4 day work week instead of the traditional 5 day work weeks? I know some people who have vastly different schedules, but I think most jobs take place during the weekdays from M-F. Anyway, I think a 4 day work work would be way better. That way you can unwind for 3 days instead of the usual 2. I feel like 2 is never enough. Do you agree?
I can tell you here in Michigan, somehow Wed. nights have become "weekend nights" and I really don't know why. Trying to go out on a Wed. night to go shopping or something and hoping there won't be a lot of traffic or tipsy drivers 🍻 is a mistake. It's like a Friday night.
So I guess you could say (here in MI anyway) we already have 4-day work weeks because I don't know how these people are waking up for work the next day.
Maybe they have Thursdays off.

I personally think 4 day work would be a great idea. But to keep everything go smooth, either the employees have to work for more hours than the regular 8 hours followed usually; Or the committed dates for the project milestones shall be keep as per the pace of work. If the employer takes care of these things, I think it will do wonders. The employees will get 3 days of long weekends which would be great! The perfect work-life balance!

When you're going to work the extra hours that you're meant to work on Friday through Monday to Thursday for you to take Friday off as well, they are basically the same thing the way I see it. You're practically not leaving out working on Friday because you've already covered everything.

When you're going to work the extra hours that you're meant to work on Friday through Monday to Thursday for you to take Friday off as well, they are basically the same thing the way I see it. You're practically not leaving out working on Friday because you've already covered everything.
True. But you're getting 3 days off work after that. If 8 hours of extra work gives 24hrs of extra leave, I guess it's worth it.

True. But you're getting 3 days off work after that. If 8 hours of extra work gives 24hrs of extra leave, I guess it's worth it.

Yeah, that's more likely. I know that for some people, it might work out well for them to work more hours and take 3 days off in the while while for some and persons like me, I don't like working more hours than I'm supposed to work in a day unless I'm getting paid extra for it 😂.

Yeah, that's more likely. I know that for some people, it might work out well for them to work more hours and take 3 days off in the while while for some and persons like me, I don't like working more hours than I'm supposed to work in a day unless I'm getting paid extra for it 😂.
Hehe yeah it would differ from person to person. :p But if your total working hours is 40 hours only then there wouldn't be any extra pay I guess. Like instead of working 8 Hours x 5 days, you'll work 10 Hours x 4 Days. 😅

Hehe yeah it would differ from person to person. :p But if your total working hours is 40 hours only then there wouldn't be any extra pay I guess. Like instead of working 8 Hours x 5 days, you'll work 10 Hours x 4 Days. 😅

Mmmh, I think that's a very good logic in argument. Just working extra 2 hours to make up the total working hours in a week just in 4 days isn't that bad. If it's something like that, I can be able to spin it if the nature of my job isn't something that takes too much toll from the regular 8 hours.

We are working 5 days in a week where I'm working and it doesn't look like they are thinking of letting us start working 4 days. I would like it if they make it optional for workers to decide if they work 4 days or 5 days in a week as long as they complete their weekly working hours.

I won't work 6 days in a week. It's a job and my life isn't tied to it which makes it mandatory I must do so in order to prevent me from dying. Monday to Friday is more than enough for any worker to be productive at work.

I think that you are right. Working from Monday till Friday is enough for any serious business to make ends meet. So, making your staff come to work during weekends can be seen as overreaching. Maybe on cases where there are emergencies, then it can be understandable.

I think that you are right. Working from Monday till Friday is enough for any serious business to make ends meet. So, making your staff come to work during weekends can be seen as overreaching. Maybe on cases where there are emergencies, then it can be understandable.
Being called in on a weekend to work as a result of a reasonable emergency can be understood. It's not what happens every weekend, I won't become pained over it. Apart from this situation, I will not entertain working on a weekend.

I do not mind Friday being added to the weekend. Someone did plan it like that anyway. I'm always an advocate of working places sticking to what works for them and not the conventional. Some places have you come in at 10 a.m. and work three hours because it works for them. You may also find that some office hours are just wasted away being chatty and all.

No matter what a business is paying their workers, they shouldn't be used like slaves by forcing them to work even on a Saturday. Workers have their own lives to do things that are important to them. This is why I won't force my staff to work on Saturday.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds