Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Should Twitter Start...

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
Do you guys think that twitter should start cracking down more on fake followers by displaying the percentage of "active" followers someone has? Do you think they should display the amount of possible fake followers someone has as well?

Advertisement Placeholder
They already have cracked down on it. I must have purchased 150,000 followers for WebmasterDaily.net. Around 5,000 of those "stuck" and I had around 5,000 real followers. 5,000 / 150,000 x 100 is 3.33% of fakes they missed.

I suppose they could display suspected fakes but then why wouldn't they simply email the owner of the account (asking them to fill out a survey or something) and then delete if it it isn't completed.

I personally feel that this would be a good idea. I really do not see the point in fake followers to be honest as really what can it do for you if they are unable to retweet or interact with you? Fake followers only make your following look bigger to gain more interest they don't really help you out in the long run with your exposure if they are unable to share what you tweet.

I think displaying fake followers would make the Twitter interface more cluttered. It is important to keep it clean and professional. Strictly deleting fake accounts would be a better route in my opinion.

I guess the ones who need fake followers are the same ones who buy entries into the vanity publications. Who's Who of Blah Blah Blah. With that said, there is something to be said for critical mass. Go ahead and seed a few so it becomes irrelevant how many you do or don't have. People may wonder if it is real or if you are serious when you only have a very few number of followers.

I don't get the ones who need many thousands or hundreds of thousands. I think that is more the doing of agents and managers for some people than their desire to stroke their own egos.

Fake followers have uses (female quotes, fake celeb accounts) However for most of my niches it is best to target (follow/unfollow) active users. I have other ways of doing it but for you guys starting off small you can use unfollowers.com and research iMacros. This will be more than enough for you ;)

I think it makes sense to crack down further, but as Sam mentioned they have already cracked down on bot created accounts in a big way. I can remember seeing followers for some sites drop by half or more overnight.

People who use them are quite sad though. I mean I prefer to get people legit and advertise and all that fun stuff like that. I have known some accounts that just completely bot their whole twitter account. I remember the verified badges :3 Those were the good times XD

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds