Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should religious institutions be taxed?

Iboro

Reputable member
Credits
The topic of taxation and religious institutions has been a matter of discussion for many years. On one hand, religious organizations provide spiritual guidance, support and community services to millions of people around the world, making them a valuable part of society. On the other hand, religious institutions often own substantial amounts of property and assets, leading some to argue that they should be subject to the same tax laws as other organizations.

What do you think? Should they be taxed?

Advertisement Placeholder
In my country they are taxed, I think 20%, I really don't know what the earnings of the churches in my country are, although I think they receive good money from donations, weddings, among others.

From my experience, churches make so much money. It might look like one person is just giving half a dollar but when you multiply that by 100, that's some money.

It is going to be a difficult task to tax religious houses. This is something that is not going to happen as easy as we look at it. How do we calculate how much that they make from each transaction?

Religion is a business and I think religious institutions should be taxed. Sadly, in our country, religious institutions are exempted form paying taxes.

If the religious organizations have activities like collect the money for Ramadhan donation or to help poor families during this period there should be a taxation for donations collected.

In my country they are taxed, I think 20%, I really don't know what the earnings of the churches in my country are, although I think they receive good money from donations, weddings, among others.
Your country must really have strong guts to be abel to tax religious institutions. In my country, they are respected and no one can touch them.

Your country must really have strong guts to be abel to tax religious institutions. In my country, they are respected and no one can touch them.
It is because really in my country religion has been lost a lot so to speak, there are very few religious people, Christianity reigns here, but it is increasingly extinguished, so surely taxing them is not difficult.

It is because really in my country religion has been lost a lot so to speak, there are very few religious people, Christianity reigns here, but it is increasingly extinguished, so surely taxing them is not difficult.
I can imagine how much money government makes from religious institutions. Some of them are set up like commercial ventures and those ones should be duly taxed.

In my country, the government receive taxes from the religious organisations because they believed that some of them has become an enterprise.

In my country, the government receive taxes from the religious organisations because they believed that some of them has become an enterprise.
But the truth is that some of them are true to their description as non profit making organizations. Those ones should be exempted.

I can imagine how much money government makes from religious institutions. Some of them are set up like commercial ventures and those ones should be duly taxed.
Well, really with the level of taxes that exist in my country, the percentage they charge to the churches is not so high, you would be surprised to see how much taxes we have in my country.

I don't think they are taxed here since they are not a business organisation. They do not tax them

If I get into government position, I would tax religious institutions as part of the corporate world. They are corporate entities.

If I get into government position, I would tax religious institutions as part of the corporate world. They are corporate entities.
There is no doubt that the majority of them are corporate enterprises so taxing them is not a bad idea.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds