Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should new employees be trained even if they know what to do?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Should newer employees be trained even if they know what it is they have to do and are already trained in that field? I think even someone who's fully trained, should go through some kind of refreshers course just to make sure they are set. Of course if you have the history, I might consider that alone as a reason to hire someone. But some businesses will want you to get a refresher on their work, even if they are fully trained and up to date.

Advertisement Placeholder
That's normal. Companies may have their own unique way of carrying out some things. So the best thing they can do is to make sure they train the new workers just for them to acclimatise with the new work environment.

No matter the level of knowledge and understanding you believe that you have on any kind of job which you have been hired to do, I believe that it is still necessary for the company to put all their new workers to the same training to make sure that everyone understands how the company expects their staff to operate by observing the company's rules, regulations and ethics.

I believe that new employers to a company should be trained there even if they do have experience from other jobs. The reason for this is because businesses tend to do things differently and even though you have skills and knowledge in that line of work, the business you work for now could have a different way they like to do things which could result in needing training for that.

I believe you can't assume to know how a company expects you to work without being in the system. Forget everything you read online because it's the only place you will get the knowledge about how they work. It's different from when you're in the work in real time. New staffs training is a must and should be repeated once in a while for both old and new staffs.

I believe that new employers to a company should be trained there even if they do have experience from other jobs. The reason for this is because businesses tend to do things differently and even though you have skills and knowledge in that line of work, the business you work for now could have a different way they like to do things which could result in needing training for that.

Most companies always upgrade their working tools from time to time and even those that are already working for the company still needs to undergo training on how to make use of the new working tools and software, talk more of those that are employed new to work for the company, they will definitely need the training.

No matter the level of knowledge and understanding you believe that you have on any kind of job which you have been hired to do, I believe that it is still necessary for the company to put all their new workers to the same training to make sure that everyone understands how the company expects their staff to operate by observing the company's rules, regulations and ethics.
Exactly. When I worked at the call center, I worked there a couple times. The second time I was there, they still had me in the first day for a refreshers course, but I didn't have to come in the next two days for the orientation they did as I already went through it the first time I went. And the third time I temped for them, they didn't even have me come in for the training side of it, as I had just worked for them a month before. Plus I don't think they wanted to pay for it. I was ready to take those days and get paid for them. :D

I do not think an employer needs to be trained if he is well equipped with skills and knowledge about the job he is supposed to do. Why should the company waste resources and time in training people who are already skilled.

I do not think an employer needs to be trained if he is well equipped with skills and knowledge about the job he is supposed to do. Why should the company waste resources and time in training people who are already skilled.
No matter your already acquired skills on the job, you still need to be trained and guided on how a company works. You can assume and the company cannot assume you know it already when it's your first time of getting employed by the company.

Well, you might have to tell your newly hired staff about how your organization works and what you are expected to do but if he knows what he is hired for, I do not see any need for training. Let's say you hired a graphic designer, if he already knows designing, do you really have to train him?

Exactly. When I worked at the call center, I worked there a couple times. The second time I was there, they still had me in the first day for a refreshers course, but I didn't have to come in the next two days for the orientation they did as I already went through it the first time I went. And the third time I temped for them, they didn't even have me come in for the training side of it, as I had just worked for them a month before. Plus I don't think they wanted to pay for it. I was ready to take those days and get paid for them. :D

Since it was the same company that you have been working for repeatedly, I believe they know it is no longer necessary for them to still put you under their training process because you already know how you are expected to work being that you have been working for them previously. If it was another call center company, they will have you trained like a newbie.

I have experienced this myself. I have contacted a multinational company's agent. I got three different answers from them as if all of them were trained differently. These contradictory answers made it seemed like the company has to focus on employee training a lot.

I have experienced this myself. I have contacted a multinational company's agent. I got three different answers from them as if all of them were trained differently. These contradictory answers made it seemed like the company has to focus on employee training a lot.

Exactly! It's the reason why the training of new staffs is very important for the business uniformity. You can't have Mr A doing something that's totally different from what Mr. B doesn't. It's going to be bad for the company's image.

Should newer employees be trained even if they know what it is they have to do and are already trained in that field? I think even someone who's fully trained, should go through some kind of refreshers course just to make sure they are set. Of course if you have the history, I might consider that alone as a reason to hire someone. But some businesses will want you to get a refresher on their work, even if they are fully trained and up to date.

Yes, they should go for the training. There is no practical proof to show that you can do the job unless when you go through the training and it was shown that you are able to carry out that activity. There are also some new staff that will want to over impress and that will lead to them making mistakes at the workplace.

Yes, they should go for the training. There is no practical proof to show that you can do the job unless when you go through the training and it was shown that you are able to carry out that activity. There are also some new staff that will want to over impress and that will lead to them making mistakes at the workplace.

This is the reason why I am always of the opinion that nothing should be left with chance especially when it comes to work because there are some mistakes that you're going to make as a staff and it's going to haunt the business for a very long time with the kind of damage control that they are going to be required to do in order to put things right again which is why training is very important.

Exactly! It's the reason why the training of new staffs is very important for the business uniformity. You can't have Mr A doing something that's totally different from what Mr. B doesn't. It's going to be bad for the company's image.

Well, I really wonder why such employees act like that. This makes me think that these employees were trained in a different manner and this is why they never provide an unambiguous answer to the queries of customers. Maybe the company must focus on employee training even more.

I believe there's no harm in making sure. Even if they know what they're doing, it should still be helpful since they will be operating in a new environment under maybe a new and more rigid policy. Employee training is always important regardless.

Yes, nobody is an island no matter how much you claim you know there is always something you don't know, you are always bound to learn something in a new job even if it is in a field you are already involved in.

Well, I really wonder why such employees act like that. This makes me think that these employees were trained in a different manner and this is why they never provide an unambiguous answer to the queries of customers. Maybe the company must focus on employee training even more.

I will always tell any business owner or an entrepreneur that not training their staffs will always end up bitting them in the butt. I know that some of them are trying to run away from the cost it's going to take to train their new staff but that's a one short expenses that you won't pay twice. It's definitely worth it for the long run of running your business.

I will always tell any business owner or an entrepreneur that not training their staffs will always end up bitting them in the butt. I know that some of them are trying to run away from the cost it's going to take to train their new staff but that's a one short expenses that you won't pay twice. It's definitely worth it for the long run of running your business.

I would not train an extremely experienced staff who has been working in the company for a really long time. This is because they have enough experience and they may not require training until or unless the company changes the way it carries out business operations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds