Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should employees get to pick their break times?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Should employees get to pick their break times? Or should they rely on the management to decide for them? I think it would be awesome to be able to pick your own break times, especially if you need to have a break sooner than you can usually get. I hate when break times are extended through a long period of time. Do you think employees should get some say?

Advertisement Placeholder
Should employees get to pick their break times? Or should they rely on the management to decide for them? I think it would be awesome to be able to pick your own break times, especially if you need to have a break sooner than you can usually get. I hate when break times are extended through a long period of time. Do you think employees should get some say?

Under certain circumstances, an employee could be allowed to pick their own break time. However, this may be done under certain kinds of circumstances only. Most of the companies have a fixed break time for their employees. Having said that, making it possible to choose a particular break time could be considered a complimentary thing.

The management employed all the staffs working in the company, it's within their right to choose when workers will have their breaks. The only thing you can choose is what you do with your break time when it's due. Asking to choose your break time is over reaching.

There should be regulated break time for all workers. It is not always a good idea to allow workers to pick their break time. Most will want to pick the best time for themselves alone without considering the effect on the company.

I have never worked in any company that allow their workers to choose when they are going to be spending their breaks because it is something that is going to have everyone choosing different break time and it is going to make the operational activities of the business to become scattered in a way it will not be possible for works to be carried out.

I can't say that I have ever worked in a workplace where I was able to choose my own breaks and it also does not seem like it is something that can be done in places where I have friends working either.

It is a shame that you can not choose your own breaks and that they are chosen for you. I believe that as long as employees do not do it often and they work it around others, scheduling their own break should not be an issue.

I can't say that I have ever worked in a workplace where I was able to choose my own breaks and it also does not seem like it is something that can be done in places where I have friends working either.

It is a shame that you can not choose your own breaks and that they are chosen for you. I believe that as long as employees do not do it often and they work it around others, scheduling their own break should not be an issue.
It's only those who are working online as a freelancer gets to have the opportunity to choose their working time and breaks. There are some companies you would work for online and they will still be the one's to decide your break time. 100% of offline jobs breaks are decided by the management.

I have never worked in any company that allow their workers to choose when they are going to be spending their breaks because it is something that is going to have everyone choosing different break time and it is going to make the operational activities of the business to become scattered in a way it will not be possible for works to be carried out.

In many companies, they may offer different periods for taking a break. However, the department of the employee might be different. For example, the IT department in a business may be allowed have a break from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. The timing of other employees belonging to different departments might be different.

In many companies, they may offer different periods for taking a break. However, the department of the employee might be different. For example, the IT department in a business may be allowed have a break from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. The timing of other employees belonging to different departments might be different.

The most important thing there is that the management will have to be the ones that will decide when their workers are going to be taking break from their work. It doesn't matter if all the departments are not going to be taking their breaks at the same time but what matters is that they will decide when it is suitable for each department to have their own break.

I see nothing wrong with employees picking a break time.I mean it is important for the firm to have a stretegy where the staff can decide ahead on what time they want to have their breaks and everyone concludes on the best possible way.

There are people that will go early breaks while others will prefer late breaks for personal reasons. So, staff deciding on this is very important and can be helpful in promoting productivity at the workplace.

I see nothing wrong with employees picking a break time.I mean it is important for the firm to have a stretegy where the staff can decide ahead on what time they want to have their breaks and everyone concludes on the best possible way.

There are people that will go early breaks while others will prefer late breaks for personal reasons. So, staff deciding on this is very important and can be helpful in promoting productivity at the workplace.

The reason why I don't see this as something that is going to work for most companies or business organisation is that if the way company works requires everyone to be on duty at the same time, when some people decide to take their breaks on a different time, it is going to make it impossible for the company's operational activities to be going on because of the unavailability of those that are taking their breaks at a different time.

The reason why I don't see this as something that is going to work for most companies or business organisation is that if the way company works requires everyone to be on duty at the same time, when some people decide to take their breaks on a different time, it is going to make it impossible for the company's operational activities to be going on because of the unavailability of those that are taking their breaks at a different time.

Are you now simply saying that staff should not go on breaks? Because there is no way a work will require everyone working for every minute at the workplace without shifts, breaks and leave.

So, considering that the staff are people that need breaks and shifts too are very important and should be considered by the firm when hiring people.

Are you now simply saying that staff should not go on breaks? Because there is no way a work will require everyone working for every minute at the workplace without shifts, breaks and leave.

So, considering that the staff are people that need breaks and shifts too are very important and should be considered by the firm when hiring people.

No, I am not saying that workers should not go and break, you probably didn't understand what I was trying to say. What I meant was that whenever it comes to workers going on a break, it should be the management that decide when the break should be taken. Every staff must go on break at the same time so that everyone will come back to their duty post at the same time to resume the operation activities of the business.

No, I am not saying that workers should not go and break, you probably didn't understand what I was trying to say. What I meant was that whenever it comes to workers going on a break, it should be the management that decide when the break should be taken. Every staff must go on break at the same time so that everyone will come back to their duty post at the same time to resume the operation activities of the business.

If the chain of production involves everyone being present before it can commence, then the management should decide the break time for the staff. My point is that the time decided should also be cool for the workers to avoid them not making maximum use of it at that time.

If the chain of production involves everyone being present before it can commence, then the management should decide the break time for the staff. My point is that the time decided should also be cool for the workers to avoid them not making maximum use of it at that time.

Personally, I don't think that any smart business owner is going to choose a break that is going to be uncomfortable for his workers because the only thing that should interest an entrepreneur is when his workers are working at their maximum best which is going to be encouraged by ensuring that they have good working condition.

I do not think it is a thing that you must do we always have breaks at certain times and it's good for us we have motivation to work and plus we can interact easier this way

I do not think it is a thing that you must do we always have breaks at certain times and it's good for us we have motivation to work and plus we can interact easier this way

It is very rare for you to see any company that doesn't allow breaks for the workers. I have never seen it happen and any company that actually decides to run their business in this manner will most likely have most of their staff resigned from the position or they are going to be affected in a way they will find it very difficult to be productive at work.

It is very rare for you to see any company that doesn't allow breaks for the workers. I have never seen it happen and any company that actually decides to run their business in this manner will most likely have most of their staff resigned from the position or they are going to be affected in a way they will find it very difficult to be productive at work.
That is right we are not robots and we do need breaks we can't just work 8 hours straight without any break it sounds like hell every bussness needs to have breaks

The most important thing there is that the management will have to be the ones that will decide when their workers are going to be taking break from their work. It doesn't matter if all the departments are not going to be taking their breaks at the same time but what matters is that they will decide when it is suitable for each department to have their own break.

Many companies never allow all the employees to take breaks because this may affect the work flow in a really bad manner. However, this also depends on how many employees a company has in the first place and how many departments a company has. They cannot allow a few people to take breaks during different time period.

Employees have no such right. The management crew will give a break time after considering the nature of the work and when it would be best to have a break and for how long it should last. Employees can't choose these for themselves.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds