Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Should drunk members be allowed to post?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
A long time ago, I was part of this really amazing HUGE forum and for the most part, the members were super nice and helpful. But every Friday and Saturday the attitude changed. On more than one occasion, very good forum members just got ugly, spiteful, mean acting. And, it took me awhile to figure out but I think they were either drunk on the weekend or suffering hang over. As they didn't act that way any other time. And, I'm wondering why the site staff didn't restrict them from posting whle in such a bad attitude. Anyway, it was just very detrimental to post on that site when these people would get on forum acting all drunk.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't see why not, unless they're ultimately just trolling the forum for the heck of it. But why are drunk people even doing on the internet in the first place .-. Usually when someone is drunk they're with their friends and not alone.

I can not see any reason why members should not be allowed to post on forums when drunk so long as they are not taking it too over the top and being rude and spiteful. If things got out of hand from members whom were drunk on the forum then I would more than likely speak to them in PM and ask them to calm down, if that failed then I would suspend their account for around a day and allow them back on a day later to see if there attitude changed.

I have never heard of anyone drunk post on my forum, but then again if It wasn't visible or showing that he/she was drunk, I guess I will be okay with it.

How will you know if someone is drunk?

If someone is spamming, that person should get infraction (whether he/she is drunk or not).

Sure, why not? You can not really tell if they are drunk usually, or have been drinking unless they tell you. My admin posts after drinking, and he is fine.

If they continue to post rude and meaningless comments, maybe it is time to ban them! I cannot really see a drunk person being able to go online haha. It must be funny to watch them get on their computer when drunk.

If they continue to post rude and meaningless comments, maybe it is time to ban them! I cannot really see a drunk person being able to go online haha. It must be funny to watch them get on their computer when drunk.
Yeah, usually they are not like "Let's get on a forum and start posting".

But, it is funny to imagine!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds