Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Self service machines at Supermarkets?

Credits
Most supermarkets are partly self service, with ‘smart self service’ machines implemented for an easy checkout for customers. This ultimately reduces the companies and industries expenditure, increasing profits due to not having to pay somebody to check your items out for you.

The biggest problem with Self Service machines at Supermarkets is that it’s actually reducing the number of available jobs in the retail industry. That’s why, if a checkout with an operator is available, I’ll take my items to him or her.

Secondly, from a company point of view, the money that they saving from operators not working, might be spent out in theft. A lot of people ‘forget’ to scan items or put items through as a cheaper product.

What is your view on self service machines in supermarkets and the impact it has on the jobs in the retail industry

Advertisement Placeholder
Self service in businesses and super market is not really good at all. This is due to the fact that it works to make some people lose their jobs. The accuracy is also not reliable.

This move has cost a lot of people their jobs and there are talks of including even more tech-provided services where fewer people will be needed to maintain stores and warehouses. There is a robot that can go up shelves and retrieve boxes.

It is kind of funny the way these things are created in order to make things easier but at the same time they are going to be taking a lot of jobs and making a few people more richer.

Self service machine in supper market is not that bad because is kind of funny and it makes things easier, and needed to maintain the storehouses is really good to be use.

One of the things about running a business whether a tetail shop or manufacturing plant,anything that will make the owners of the business to aviod overhead cost will be applied to the business,as this will save them cost.

It's been a constant debate for ages on the subject that whether robots are going to take over human labor's job completely and it's something that we are gradually witnessed today. I can remember one time in a restaurant where my order was served by a robot and I was in deep shock because the damn machine did an excellent job at that. This is a very good problem for the human labor but a good thing for companies make use of them.

Actually that is what technology has brought to us this days and to some extent, its really affecting our human jobs opportunities because the work of human and be effectively done by a machine.

I don't think it'll have that much of an impact when it comes to getting individuals out of job as that's the way technology is currently headed. There'll always be jobs for humans no matter what happens.

Though self machine at supermarket is good and cool but I just don't like the fact that it has increased the rate of unemployment in the world because its doing human job .
Self service machine in supper market is not that bad because is kind of funny and it makes things easier, and needed to maintain the storehouses is really good to be use.

I don't think it'll have that much of an impact when it comes to getting individuals out of job as that's the way technology is currently headed. There'll always be jobs for humans no matter what happens.
The artificial intelligence is gradually taking over jobs from people. This is one of the ways at which artificial intelligence could we use to provide more efficiency and prevent lot of human human errors.

It is not advisable for self service machines to be used at super markets.

There are a lot of things that ought to be checked before arriving at such decisions so you don't regret later.

Self service machine is good for the supermarket as it'll reducing the spendings. Before, it's pertinent for a supermarket owners to employ a checkout staff but with this machine , it's not necessary again. The only concern I'm having about is it's efficiency. Is it really effective?

Most supermarkets are partly self service, with ‘smart self service’ machines implemented for an easy checkout for customers. This ultimately reduces the companies and industries expenditure, increasing profits due to not having to pay somebody to check your items out for you.

The biggest problem with Self Service machines at Supermarkets is that it’s actually reducing the number of available jobs in the retail industry. That’s why, if a checkout with an operator is available, I’ll take my items to him or her.

Secondly, from a company point of view, the money that they saving from operators not working, might be spent out in theft. A lot of people ‘forget’ to scan items or put items through as a cheaper product.

What is your view on self service machines in supermarkets and the impact it has on the jobs in the retail industry
Many people have lost their jobs as a result of this policy that has been implemented in shops, and there are ideas that have been mooted to include even more tech-savvy protocol where fewer people will be required to be employed at supermarkets and stores.

I don't think this is a nice idea, because I have seen allot of people losing there jobs because of this, and apart from this self service mercenaries are not always reliable.

One of the things about running a business whether a tetail shop or manufacturing plant,anything that will make the owners of the business to aviod overhead cost will be applied to the business,as this will save them cost.

I think that such kind of self-service machines are far much more common in many tier 1 and tier 2 countries, as I cannot see any kind of such machines in supermarkets in here.

I think that such kind of self-service machines are far much more common in many tier 1 and tier 2 countries, as I cannot see any kind of such machines in supermarkets in here.
That is true actually,they have developed a system that will make the operation of these artificial intelligence very easy.These are soem of the things about being proactive in our approach in business.

That is true actually,they have developed a system that will make the operation of these artificial intelligence very easy.These are soem of the things about being proactive in our approach in business.

But I wonder if such kind of machines will make people lose their jobs because in such kind of cases, they will no longer be needing people at supermarkets.

But I wonder if such kind of machines will make people lose their jobs because in such kind of cases, they will no longer be needing people at supermarkets.
That is just the whole essence of the intelligence machine,it will perform a job task that will take several persons to do in few and lesser time,that is time saving for the company and cost cutting as well.

Yes I agree it will have negative impact on physical jobs but it is something which will be common in future, we see day by day people are using new innovations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds