Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Self service machines at Supermarkets?

This is one of the benefit of makingbuse of technology to run operations in the industry,though it will make the job to go faster and the number of persons that will do the job would be reduce,these are some of the minus.

Advertisement Placeholder
That is just the whole essence of the intelligence machine,it will perform a job task that will take several persons to do in few and lesser time,that is time saving for the company and cost cutting as well.

As a result of that, I think that many people who used to work on counters will eventually lose their jobs. Having said that, such kind of technology is not used in many malls and supermarkets and this is why many people will still not lose their jobs in the near future.

As a result of that, I think that many people who used to work on counters will eventually lose their jobs. Having said that, such kind of technology is not used in many malls and supermarkets and this is why many people will still not lose their jobs in the near future.
Though the technology is not that widelly used in most front desk services,it is just some form of advance technology that put into the consciousness in people of the development they should be especting in future.

It's a nice idea because it leads to accuracy and reducing mistakes due to miscalculation. But a disadvantageia that it will only be a cause of people being sent away from a job due to their work being replaced.

Self service machines has it's advantages and disadvantages as you clearly stated out. I like self service machines because they are usually fadt and one doesn't have to stand in front of a long line before being attented to.

Self-service equipment in dinner markets isn't all that horrible because it's amusing, makes things simpler, and is particularly useful for maintaining the storehouses.

Though the technology is not that widelly used in most front desk services,it is just some form of advance technology that put into the consciousness in people of the development they should be especting in future.

Do you think that usage of technology and advancement of technology in workplaces is actually increasing unemployed? A lot of jobs are now performed by machines now.

Do you think that usage of technology and advancement of technology in workplaces is actually increasing unemployed? A lot of jobs are now performed by machines now.
That is actually true though,one thing we should know is that as the world is moving into the era of using technology to simplify the way things are being run,we should be able to reinvent ourself as well to be relevant in the scheme of things.

Well due to advancement in science and technology, definitely we most experienced things of that nature and it easy most of our jobs but it also limits jobs opportunities to people.

Most supermarkets are partly self service, with ‘smart self service’ machines implemented for an easy checkout for customers. This ultimately reduces the companies and industries expenditure, increasing profits due to not having to pay somebody to check your items out for you.

The biggest problem with Self Service machines at Supermarkets is that it’s actually reducing the number of available jobs in the retail industry. That’s why, if a checkout with an operator is available, I’ll take my items to him or her.

Secondly, from a company point of view, the money that they saving from operators not working, might be spent out in theft. A lot of people ‘forget’ to scan items or put items through as a cheaper product.

What is your view on self service machines in supermarkets and the impact it has on the jobs in the retail industry
Well supermarkets are using the self service machines to save money instead of hiring people for that service but unfortunately they are Also losing that profit because of robbers or theft that don't scan their original bills and take more then that what they are buying.
After then people are jobless because of this too that is not a good thing.

it's recommendable for a supermarket owners to employ a checkout staff but with this machine , it's not necessary again. The only concern I'm having about is it's efficiency

In restaurants and supermarkets, self service is not at all desirable. This is because it has the effect of causing some people to lose their jobs. Additionally, the accuracy is unreliable.

Self service machine is one of the machine that have caused human their jobs , but its actually a good machine that reduces then issue of people stealing goods from supermarkets .

Technology is not making it very easy for us to eliminate some kind of stress and I think things like this are a good idea but then a lot of them are usually faulty and they do not give you the right results.

Technology is not making it very easy for us to eliminate some kind of stress and I think things like this are a good idea but then a lot of them are usually faulty and they do not give you the right results.
Though the introduction of technology to the business world has been helping human succeed in many ways but it has also been making people getting lazy and the rate of unemployment is going up again l

Thankfully, self-servicing machines are not very common here in my place and the checkouts are done by a human sitting behind a counter. If I had a choice between using a human's service or a machine's service, I would see the length of the queue. I will always choose the shorter one.

I don't think it'll have that much of an impact when it comes to getting individuals out of job as that's the way technology is currently headed. There'll always be jobs for humans no matter what happens.

There's a very big possibility of so many people being out of the job as a result of having robots take care of what human labor did. Machine have always been more efficient and effective than human being. It's true that human labor won't be removed completely but it will be drastically cut down.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds