Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Scenario: Scope of Feedback

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
I came across this real scenario a couple of months ago where an IPS forum launched a new member initiative, and they asked for feedback.

Members were nice and polite, but they gave feedback on ... everything. The theme, the type of general conversation, the terms of the website. There were only two posts actually related to the feedback.

You can probably guess that the forum owner didn't specify that he was looking for feedback only on the new changes.

The admin got snippety at the members because it was irrelevant feedback. What would you have advised him to differently?

Advertisement Placeholder
In terms of advice to give to the admin, the first piece of advice I would have given to him would be to have given more detail on what you wanted the feedback on so that the community members were aware of what he was looking for instead of giving feedback on everything.

If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that you have to be clear on what you are looking for when it comes to feedback to get the results you are looking for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds