Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Revolt, A Discord Alternative

Credits
I've been messing around with a few other Discord alternatives lately, and one of them is Revolt. I'm really digging Revolt as it allows you to install custom themes, and it's also open source which is great so it's not tied down to a corporation. It doesn't have all the features that Discord has like forums, but I don't really think you need that feature in a chat client. (Sure Guilded has this too and their forums were much better than Discord's but still IMO not really needed...) I had created a Sonic server to test things out but since there's already a server I decided to delete it. Anyways, here's the link if you want to check it out.
https://revolt.chat/

Advertisement Placeholder
I heartily recommend if you want a reasonable alternative (guilded was always a red flag to me). Unless you like to be the cutting edge of adoption though it won't do much for you, the only purpose in using it is to deliberately fight the strongly holding discord monopoly.

I like the idea - but, I think Discord is kind of entrenched now. There's no point in having a Discord server *and* a Revolt server - and indeed, having both is likely to split the community between those who prefer one and those who prefer the other.

People aren't going to switch unless they have a compelling reason - and, while Revolt's advantages are nice, I just don't think they're compelling enough for most people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds