Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Reviving a dead forum

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
How do you feel when you see someone take over what was previously a dead forum and attempt to bring it back to its former glory?

For me, it depends on the site at hand. One particular site I'm sure we're all aware off, ForumHour has been passed around more times than a joint and everytime someone else comes in to 'revive it' I feel that the whole community has a collective facepalm.

If you can do so (revive a dead forum) I salute you and your obvious skill, but most of the time I just think Oh God why.

Advertisement Placeholder
Reviving a dead forum is next to impossible in my opinion. I haven't seen a dead forum being revived for more than a day or two when the new admin declared that he/she's gonna revive it and that everything will be even more awesome than before.

Popular forums that died usually end up like ForumHour; passed along like a cheap wh*re.

I wouldn't say reviving a dead forum is impossible as nothing is impossible. It would really depend on how many new and unique ideas you have for the forum as to whether you are able to bring back the forum from the state it may be in. Taking on a forum with no real ideas would just end up in you wasting money and time because having no fresh ideas to bring the forum back to life would end up in the forum staying dead.

One particular site I'm sure we're all aware off, ForumHour has been passed around more times than a joint and everytime someone else comes in to 'revive it' I feel that the whole community has a collective facepalm.

I couldn't agree more. While I think all of the owners have had their best intentions, there has to be a time when you need to just give up, hahaha. That being said, I don't think reviving any dead forum is impossible, but it definitely needs to be attempted with the right person who isn't expecting it to come easily.

How do you feel when you see someone take over what was previously a dead forum and attempt to bring it back to its former glory?

For me, it depends on the site at hand. One particular site I'm sure we're all aware off, ForumHour has been passed around more times than a joint and everytime someone else comes in to 'revive it' I feel that the whole community has a collective facepalm.

If you can do so (revive a dead forum) I salute you and your obvious skill, but most of the time I just think Oh God why.

When I see someone do that I think good for you ! If they have the motivation, determination, they can sure revive that dead forum ! I revived my dead Pokemon forum twice. But eh it died again so I just stopped.

Reviving a dead forum is not really easy. As a matter of fact, it is often quite impossible for some.

I think the best way to revive a dead forum is by arranging contest.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds