Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Responding to messages?

Clarendon

Reputable member
Credits
When users send you a message on your sites, how quickly do you reply? If I'm online I'll normally try and respond as soon as possible as I hate leaving people waiting and if we're mid conversation I'll stay online to finish the conversation; This is most of the time especially if it's regarding staff matters.

So what is your take on response time and how quickly do you respond?

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on a few things for me. If I am a staff member on that site then I will respond as soon as possible. If it's just a forum or site I am a member of then I will reply to it usually when I see it unless I'm lazy or just don't know what to reply. If that happens then I will probably reply back after a few hours.

I'm really lazy, so it usually takes me like 3-5 years to reply to the PMs that I get sent. I'm also notorious for leaving people on read. Sorry guys. :p

In all seriousness, response time is something that I need to personally work on. It irritates people, and I definitely understand why.

I like to think I answer pretty quickly.
You do indeed :p
It depends on a few things for me. If I am a staff member on that site then I will respond as soon as possible. If it's just a forum or site I am a member of then I will reply to it usually when I see it unless I'm lazy or just don't know what to reply. If that happens then I will probably reply back after a few hours.
Yes often if your a staff member you'll respond to quires a lot quicker than if you weren't.

I'm really lazy, so it usually takes me like 3-5 years to reply to the PMs that I get sent. I'm also notorious for leaving people on read. Sorry guys. :yum:

In all seriousness, response time is something that I need to personally work on. It irritates people, and I definitely understand why.
You aren't that bad :p

When someone sends me a private Message, I try to respond as quickly as possble when I have the time to do so. If there is an emergency, or some other matter where I cannot respond back, then that is understandable. With that being said, I do not like to keep people waiting. I know I would want a timely response to my message from those whom I sent them to.

Honestly, my responses to private messages are not quick. It takes quite some time for me to respond. Well, it has something to do with my job and some other stuff in my life.
The same goes to mails too. If a user mails me, I do take some time to give them a reply. I do try to come up with something for their concerns and I haven't come across many users who would argue argue after that.
So, everything is fine I guess.
Or may be I should reduce my response time a bit, to let them know that I do care about their concerns.

When users send you a message on your sites, how quickly do you reply? If I'm online I'll normally try and respond as soon as possible as I hate leaving people waiting and if we're mid conversation I'll stay online to finish the conversation; This is most of the time especially if it's regarding staff matters.

So what is your take on response time and how quickly do you respond?

Honestly I reply to these as soon as I can. It's may be not 2 seconds but I am not going to leave someone in the dark for 2 days without good cause (like if I am sick or something).

Honestly I reply to these as soon as I can. It's may be not 2 seconds but I am not going to leave someone in the dark for 2 days without good cause (like if I am sick or something).
I will try to give a quick reply from this point on. I do give quick replies to other admins but not to users. Well, users contact me about some messed up functionality or some other permissions or access and such. They are not that easy to fix most of the time and I didn't install any responsive theme to admin control panel.

So, it's hard to open the admin control panel in my phone and I don't carry my tablet or laptop with me all the time.

You guys made me realize that my ways are not right. So, I am gong to change them :D

I will reply as soon as I'm online. If I'm online and the user has sent the message, I'll reply straight away. I don't want users getting impatience.

I prefer to respond as fast as possible. I dislike it when someone replies me late, hence I try to reply others as soon as I can.

However, it is not always possible. Sometimes, you get caught up with other things and you may respond late.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds