Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Recommended Blog platform for a newb?

Izaya

Credits
I am looking to do a blog possibly for either

-Anime reviews/discussion

OR

- Tech(Windows Phone/Windows 10)

What is a good recommended blog software for someone who isn't too experience with blogs :)
I know for a fact tumblr is not something you'd run except for like professional stuff.

Advertisement Placeholder
Wordpress would be the best platform for both new and advance blog users. You'll love the massive amount of free plugins and features Wordpress has to offer!

https://wordpress.org/

Should be able to fit all your needs. If you have any more questions about it just ask. :)

Wordpress would be the best platform for both new and advance blog users. You'll love the massive amount of free plugins and features Wordpress has to offer!

https://wordpress.org/

Should be able to fit all your needs. If you have any more questions about it just ask. :smiley:
This. For blog softwares, it's WordPress and everything else. There's really no contest anymore.

As for me... when I first started blogging I tried WordPress but was absolutely overwhelmed because there were so many features available. I felt more at home with Blogger. After about a year though I found myself wanting to customize my blog more and the transfer from Blogger to Wordpress was really easy. As a complete newbie to the blogging world personally I would recommend Blogger.

As for me... when I first started blogging I tried WordPress but was absolutely overwhelmed because there were so many features available. I felt more at home with Blogger. After about a year though I found myself wanting to customize my blog more and the transfer from Blogger to Wordpress was really easy. As a complete newbie to the blogging world personally I would recommend Blogger.
This is a good point. While wordpress is very good, and actually quite easy to navigate, it can very quickly become overwhelming. There are a lot of plugins and themes that can stack new features and confusing things very quickly. There are a few free platforms besides blogger that do the same thing, but I would recommend taking the time to learn wordpress as a newbie. It will really be a fun introduction to the world of blogging and the web :)

I have been playing with wordpress and the ease of use is amazing. Drupal had me like "Say what? Huh? I'm lost...and I'm over this."
:D
Wordpress is simple for newbs but can be utilized, it seems, by more power users as well. it's the perfect balance.
though I may use IP content...

Hey I don't know if it's been said before :)tearsofjoy:) but I would suggest Wordpress. All around it's easy and you can get used to it very fast. There's lots of addons and such to make everything better. There's sweet themes as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds