Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Receiving a Offer Immediately after an Interview

Advertisement Placeholder
I have had this happen once. I was actually chased down in the parking lot after being told someone would be in touch with me if they decided to hire me. I guess this was down to realizing my experience had been beyond other applicants but they didn't want to pay me a fair price.

There are some positions that are clearly stated that you are going to start work immediately. There are also some that I'm going to give you because they just feel that you are way above other candidates.

Yes it's happens depending the company because I have seen such things happen to a friend, after her interview she got offer immediately after the interview was done.

One of the thing that any employer would be looking out for in his organisation is competence,and when he sees one he go for it,so i don't think it would be out of the way for him to settle for what he has seen in a potential employee.

It may be happen because of many reasons. But, I don't really take as serious more than everything else if it happen to me. As long as we reach an agreement that favour both of us, I dont care the timing of the offer.

Looking at it in the positive and negative side of it , the company or organisation offering you a job immediately might be desperate in need for a worker because most organisation will later call you few days or weeks after the interview to tell you that you passed and you are being selected to start at a chosen date .

If you were to receive an job interview immediately after an interview, would this be a red light or alternatively would you take it as a positive?

Could it be deemed as the employer being ‘desperate’ for staff or that the individual went above and beyond the other candidates for the position?

This could be really tricky. Last year, I came across a scam company that supposedly used to offer many things like car, money, foreign trips, etc. However, when I left the company, there was a person who was standing right in front of the company door. He told me to avoid the company as it is a fraudulent company.

Getting a job appointment or offer immediately after interview means that the organisation is desperate for a worker immediately or they realises you are an asset which they can't afford to loose .
It may be happen because of many reasons. But, I don't really take as serious more than everything else if it happen to me. As long as we reach an agreement that favour both of us, I dont care the timing of the offer.

It shouldn't be so because ny doing that it goes a long way to affect the employee and also the organization at large. No additional awards and gifts should be removed.

Personally when I am called for an interview I have higher expectations for me being hired. So upon being offered an offer for the job just immediately after the interview, I would take that positively and take the Job as hurriedly as possible.

It doesn't necessarily matter that it's a red flag. It could also be that you impressed them a lot and they feel you might receive other offers better in the period you're away from them. Could be called luck or favour by some people.

If I were to receive a job offer immediately after an interview, i would assume that the employer is probably short staffed and desperate for workers.

If I receive an offer immediately after an interview, I would assume that it is still part of the interviewing process so I'll be very careful in carrying out that particular task offered.

There are some jobs where it is explicitly stated that you will begin working right away.
There are plenty more that I'll share with you because they simply believe that you are far superior to other prospects.

If I were to receive a job offer immediately after an interview, i would assume that the employer is probably short staffed and desperate for workers.
That's the main point there my friend , due to the level of unemployment in the country nowadays , its only a desperate and a short staffed comoany that will offer you a job immediately after interview , at least they might call you to offer you a job a day after the interview.

That's the main point there my friend , due to the level of unemployment in the country nowadays , its only a desperate and a short staffed comoany that will offer you a job immediately after interview , at least they might call you to offer you a job a day after the interview.
That's true. These days though, one can hardly find a company that is short staffed and desperately looking for employees. Instead, companies are looking for ways to reduce their workers.

That's true. These days though, one can hardly find a company that is short staffed and desperately looking for employees. Instead, companies are looking for ways to reduce their workers.
Its only a desperate employer that will give you work immediately after an interview and if you look at it very well , their payment will be small because most companies paying fat salaries don't normally need workers because their workers don't normally quit.

Its only a desperate employer that will give you work immediately after an interview and if you look at it very well , their payment will be small because most companies paying fat salaries don't normally need workers because their workers don't normally quit.
You are absolutely right. It's hard to hear of well paying companies giving out jobs to people immediately after a job interview. They usually take their time to decide on the person best situated for the job.

Yes this usually happens depending the company because I have seen such things happen to a friend, after her interview she got offer immediately after the interview was done.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds