Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Quitting Online Communities

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
What would make you quit creating online communities altogether?

Have you ever quit communities because of something but returned later? If yes, what was it that made you quit? Could the same thing make you quit again?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to be on a huge Christian forum and got fired from staff for sticking up for another staffer that the top dogs were throwing under the bus. I will never regret what I said and it wasn't even bad, it was just informing them that they could have done that privately and not to humiliate him in front of his peers! I stuck around the forum for a few months after that, but when you're a member, you get to see the other side of things rather than being on staff and you see how toxic a place might be. I left there about 7 years ago and haven't logged in since. I don't miss it and I'm friends with a lot of the people from there on Facebook anyway :D

Probably for the best.

Crazy that toxic stuff like that happens on religious communities but I've been there. I used to be a part of a religious MSN Group and MSN Chat Room (showing my age here lol) and a lot of drama occurred within them.

It was insane. But I ended up leaving those because of the drama.

I did take a big break from forums for like 4 or 5 years and just returned a few years ago.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds