Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Positive and Negative Aspects of sending in a complaint

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
Consider the following ways of contacting a company to make a complaint:

• Sending an SMS/text message.
  • Phoning.
  • Sending an email.
  • Sending a letter.

What are the positive and negative aspects of using each one?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, it's always a bore to have to file a complaint with a company for something wrong.
However, I would exclude the phone call (nowadays hardly anyone answers me directly, at least this here in Italy) and the paper letter, now definitely out of order.
A text message works better if through Whatsapp, or alternatively I go sending an email.

When it comes to sending text messages, there are cases whereby it could take time to get a reply as the company can easily miss your message. In terms of phoning, I think it's the best as you would get quick response but in most cases as well it takes time for you to be able to reach them.

Well in to say in some cases it's very difficult to having a company attention via sending Messages I think you won't get a reply or respond in appropriate time, but phoning calls is the best in nowadays.

The negative aspect of using a text message or sms to complain is that sometimes, the company might miss your message because of too many messages from customers
For phoning, most times it leaves a positive aspect because most time, they respond to phone calls
Sending an email could also have a positive aspect because most people go through their emails these days.
Sending a letter for me leaves a negative effect because sending letters these days is outdated.

• Phoning.
  • Sending an email.
  • Sending a letter.

Sending a complaint letter seems best for me, the company would be eager to read through and possibly work towards it.
The other methods are good as well. i have sent a complaint to a company before through an SMS, i did not get any feedback.
I would prefer sending a letter or phoning, those are the most effective.

• Phoning.
  • Sending an email.
  • Sending a letter.

Sending a complaints via any of these means is good. It depends on the company involved, do they pay attention to complaints? If yes, then all the above mentioned methods would be of advantage.
Personally, I would prefer sending a complaint via a phone call.

The level of the customer service support is what determines the best channel for you to make use of because if it's a support that doesn't respond my call that's going to be very useless calling them.

You cannot provide detail if you use text messaging system. You might feel uncomfortable if you are using a phone. These days who reads a snail mail? I think email is the better option.

The most positive thing about sending a complaint through this ways is that you have informed them about your feedback and so resolution can be made. The negative comes when nothing is done even after your complaint.

Sending a complaint letter seems best for me, the company would be eager to read through and possibly work towards it.
The other methods are good as well. i have sent a complaint to a company before through an SMS, i did not get any feedback.
I would prefer sending a letter or phoning, those are the most effective.
I prefer sending a letter too. It is more effective. Ignoring or an oversight of a text message is possible, calls can be missed. Once you send a letter, there's a tendency for one to be eager about its content.

I find writing an email the easiest way to send complaint. It is quick and you also don't get exposed. When sending complain over email, I use anonymous email ID.

Positive and negative aspects of sending in a complaint. To complain is very good, because complain make a change. It can bring negative or positive,it depends on what and how you lodge your compain.

The Positive and negative aspect of sending a complain so that the company will get your feedback from them, because to complain is very good it make changes.

The positive aspect would be that the company would know what they are not doing right and a good manager would try to correct this. I don't believe sending complaint would have a negative impact

The positive aspect would be that the company would know what they are not doing right and a good manager would try to correct this. I don't believe sending complaint would have a negative impact
Yes I don't think sending a complaint will have any negative implications. Rather, it will make the business or company to be aware of their mistakes and possible areas they need to improve upon.

My policy on complaints is only when the issue is big deal like a defective product. But if the amount is not substantial then I just let it be. Early this year I bought a set of rechargeable batteries for $10. After a week one battery would not charge anymore. But I didn't bother to complain because it might just be a waste of time.

If you are going to be using a telephone to send in your complain then it has to be something more of an enquiry because when it is related to your account then it will take longer and cannot resolve using the phone. When you are using email support then they can be able to look at it in detail but it will take time.

If you are going to be using a telephone to send in your complain then it has to be something more of an enquiry because when it is related to your account then it will take longer and cannot resolve using the phone. When you are using email support then they can be able to look at it in detail but it will take time.
Telephone guarantees fast response to your issue. Emails could take a lot of time. Some company policies say one should wait 5 working days for feedback before they can notify again.

I think the last option which is a letter is very very out of vogue except they're being written to by a bigger organisation or government.
Imagine having to take over 350 letters of complaints from individuals and then sorting them out. Not cool at all

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds