Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Popular Promotion Forum for sale!

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Advertisehotspot.info seems to be for sale! A forum with 90,000 posts and the second biggest promotion forum on the web after ForumPromotion.

The owner has placed an $800 starting bid on the auction which is taking place here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2444045

The BIN is $2800

Payment via Check and Escrow

The auction also includes a year of hosting at Hostgator and free push to your Godaddy...

Thoughts on the sale? How hard do you think it is to sell a community when most members probably aren't keen?

Advertisement Placeholder
Which would make the sale at $1500- 50X monthly revenue, well above the norm... Besides, if you look at the activity on the forum- there isn't very much... :) I wouldn't pay more than $300 if I had the cash!

It's between around 6x-24x monthly revenue BUT the only ones that get 24x monthly revenue are larger more profitable sites (like big fiverr clone sites). :)

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

It's a pity to see it being sold, but I have sold forums myself, when I couldn't handle the pressure and had other thigs to care about. Hope he's getting a good price for it. The script is bad and the design should be changed ASAP, but the userbase is good and also the post count stats. Let's hope a buyer will be interested and provide a good price.

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

It's a pity to see it being sold, but I have sold forums myself, when I couldn't handle the pressure and had other thigs to care about. Hope he's getting a good price for it. The script is bad and the design should be changed ASAP, but the userbase is good and also the post count stats. Let's hope a buyer will be interested and provide a good price.

Well you always hope that others, who have spent a couple of years building up a site, will receive a good price for there efforts! :) Although I don't necessarily think that an investment in that website is value for money, with a bit of investment it could re-become a fantastic forum!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds