Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Please put night mode/theme options on your sites

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
This is something I request of all sites I am on. I always need a night mode option or a dark mode option. Looking at a bright white screen can be awful for the eye, and I found that using dark mode on pretty much everything makes using these sites more bearable at night.

Anyway, do you have night themes on your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
I suggest this to any website. Some websites have option linked on their profiles or some for each session there is dark option and some others not depends like for example twitter, Reddit, Instagram, tiktok.

This is something I request of all sites I am on. I always need a night mode option or a dark mode option. Looking at a bright white screen can be awful for the eye, and I found that using dark mode on pretty much everything makes using these sites more bearable at night.

Anyway, do you have night themes on your site?

I have the option of the night mode for user interface on my forum. I want to make the members feel comfortable picking between the white theme and the dark one. Even though, I will always prefer making use of the White theme, I don't see anything wrong with those that will want to make use of the dark theme.

I have the option of the night mode for user interface on my forum. I want to make the members feel comfortable picking between the white theme and the dark one. Even though, I will always prefer making use of the White theme, I don't see anything wrong with those that will want to make use of the dark theme.

It is always very good for you to give your members multiple options they can make use of when it comes to the theme they are comfortable with. There are some people that cannot make use of light theme because of how it interferes with their sights and if your community doesn't have option of a dark theme, they will most likely leave the platform.

Sadly, I do not use dark mode on my websites, I have not even enabled a feature where users can switch to dark or light mode according to their taste. I like light mode and I always try to use light mode on my sites as well as other sites, if this option is enabled. However, I do understand the necessity of implementing dark mode.

I suggest this to any website. Some websites have option linked on their profiles or some for each session there is dark option and some others not depends like for example twitter, Reddit, Instagram, tiktok.

Yeah, that's very correct. Most of the social media platforms out there already making use of it because they understand the importance of giving their users the option to choose the kind of theme that they want when it comes to using any particular platform. They cannot force them to use a particular theme because it is your own project.

I have a light theme and a dark version of the light theme. Though I do not have a simple toggle switch to switch between them, they must be selected through a drop-down menu. I've thought about building a code for a toggle switch, but it sounds like a lot of work.

As an owner or anyone who runs a site, you can't always please everyone. But having a good customized theme that has everything built into the theme is a good day to live. My theme does have that option for members to pick dark or light and even the colours :)

I want members to come and able to have what they want based on what they like ;) For me I use dark at night so it's easy on the eyes and in the dark room, in the day it's lighter and use like theme :)

As an owner or anyone who runs a site, you can't always please everyone. But having a good customized theme that has everything built into the theme is a good day to live. My theme does have that option for members to pick dark or light and even the colours :)

I want members to come and able to have what they want based on what they like ;) For me I use dark at night so it's easy on the eyes and in the dark room, in the day it's lighter and use like theme :)

This is exactly how it should be as far as I'm concerned. For the fact that we are doing our best to give forum members something close to what they have in social media, it's necessary to have this option available for them to choose from. Members definitely appreciates it in any forums that I have being on. When there's no dark theme option, it's the first thing they will complain about in the feedback section.

As someone who prefers dark mode on sites when I use them as I feel it is easier on the eyes, I feel all owners of websites whether it be a site, blog or even forum should have an option for dark mode on their sites for those who have a preference and wish to choose.

I always ensure I have either a dark theme or a dark option on a forum theme on my forum for those who prefer dark over light.

This is exactly how it should be as far as I'm concerned. For the fact that we are doing our best to give forum members something close to what they have in social media, it's necessary to have this option available for them to choose from. Members definitely appreciates it in any forums that I have being on. When there's no dark theme option, it's the first thing they will complain about in the feedback section.
This is the truth. Every member of a forum may want to know what the preferences are like with some of the theme. They want to know whether there is a possibility of changing from a white to a dark theme even when it doesn't matter that much.

Yes, I have night(Dark) and light theme in my forum. It's easy to have when you're using Xenforo forum software and their paid themes. I like to switch between the night(Dark) and light theme. If I like doing it, I know some of my members might be the same way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds