Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Percentage of profits on the first year

Normally a standard business should be able to generate hundred percent of the capital that was used in establishing it within a period of one year, ten percent yearly interest to me is not profitable.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have recently started a business, and I know that at first the profits may not be as great as I hope, but I would like to know what percentage of profit would you consider acceptable to say that your business was successful during its first year of operations?
I think for the first year 5% to 10% net profit margin is good, then for the second year you can cut unnecessary costs, both loan interest, research and review costs, etc., so that it will increase your net profit margin in the following year.

I have recently started a business, and I know that at first the profits may not be as great as I hope, but I would like to know what percentage of profit would you consider acceptable to say that your business was successful during its first year of operations?
I don't think there is any particular percentage to say you are successful, it depends on the individual and what he/she consider success, but also know that location matters when it comes to business

Depending on wether the business is a large size type of business or a small scale type of business, one can easily accept a three hundred percent profits margin as something to call profitable for the first year

I am still in my first year I have only been working online for 4 months in which I have made 300 dollars and the profits is the mentioned 300 dollars because my online ventures prove 100 percent profits

Personally, I believe that it is possible to make profit in a business right from the first year of establishment. I am saying this because all businesses are not the same and will not also generate profit at the same time or rate. But to be on a safe side, it is better not to expect it, paraventure it doesn't come. It is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Well considering the input too would determine to an extent what the profits could be but not too high goals for now as it's still a new business that has to grow with time and flourish

When I created my first business I was very fine with not making a single dollar of profit in the first year provided that my business was gaining traction and awareness.

Your first of your business will never you all you want is time goes on you can start getting something from the business, you cannot start a business and expect big profit at that time.

It's good to know that you have started a business. It's better that your business is receiving profit and not losses. Just count your blessings and enjoy them.

I am of the opinion that if a business owner actually has other sources of getting funding for him or her to take care of his daily and monthly financial needs I believe that some kind of business owner or starter should be able to reimburse all his yearly profit of the business that you just started back into the business so that the business can expand exponentially.

I believe the main objective of a business starting out in it's first year is to break even first before thinking of making profit.

I attended a seminar and the enterpreneur said and I quote on your first year of business expect little or no profit percent,reason is because we are not conversant with the system yet

On first operations of a new business I don’t always expect to make profit or probably little profit. What I’m always concerned about is the actual capital and the clients you must satisfy your clients on the first sell outs
In business, no true entrepreneur Must expect profit. It doesn't work that way first year is to try to gather as much customers as you can.. you are right

agree with the above poster. Maybe 10-15% is a good number to try and achieve the first year. But regardless if you aren't making a lot of profit the first year, don't let it get you down because that's just apart of business where it starts.

There are massive profits on some business even in the first year and some there's none. It depends on the market scale and also the feasibility of the business.

At least you should be able to make close to 30% game from your investment for the first year in business. This will show you that you are still on the right track You can make more than that in the following year.

When I started my agro business, the profits came in so good, it was the first in the neighborhood and a lot of people appreciated it.
I don't know how to rate it by percentage, but it was higher than I expected because I had my fears.

After the first year, even if the profit is marginal, it should still be seen as a good sign of progress. The first year of a business is usually difficult due to many challenges and most businesses may even record losses at the end.

The first year is actually the tough one for most businesses and they struggle. Finding your feat and ensuring that your business stays afloat is the goal of that business. It is not also wrong to look to take out profit especially iif it was a loan or its needed.
You said it all right. I don't even think one should really put emphasis on profit in the first year of starting a business. However if the expenses is close to the profit in the first year, you should see this as success

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds