Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Pay for coaching lessons for your sport?

Advertisement Placeholder
Did your parents pay for any type of coaching lessons so you could get ahead in your sport? I don't hear about it too often, but I do know there are some kids who have had a little extra training on the side. I don't know the hourly fee, but I could guess it's quite costly.
I was trained in dance from a very early age, so in high school when I became a cheerleader, it came in handy. Half of the regional competitions required dance routines, and I noticed our coach always had me upfront for the dance portion.. and then after awhile my friend and I started choreographing the whole routines, and teaching them to the other squad members.

I think this is a wise decision if you will be joining a tournament that would let you explore more opportunities in your chosen sport. In case of financial difficulties, practicing with other could somehow be helpful.

My nephew is taking football lessons and he is a good player because of the additional training that he is doing.

My parents didn't, but I knew some kids who got special training growing up. I never really put much thought into it. I did think those kids parents were overbearing and forcing too much on their kids, but that's not my life to get involved in.

There was no need for my parents to pay for any kind of coaching lessons for me to be engaged in football playing when I was still a kid because it was the only sport that I had interest in being part of. I have a lot of friends that were playing football as well as a kid and there is a field within my neighborhood where we normally go to play and so many other kids from the neighborhood comes together for all of us to play.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds