Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Partnerships

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
What do you think are the makings of a good partnership online?

@xpl0iter and myself are partners in HolderHost.com. I think what allows us to work well together is:
1. Recognizing each others strengths and weaknesses.
2. Knowledge of the work involved in our tasks.
3. Discussion.
4. Allowing a degree of autonomous decision making without discussion needed.

I have been reading on Wedge.org about a blowup between the two partners (wedge is a fork of SMF). It is really interesting. Sometimes partnerships are absolutely fantastic and sometimes they fail and hurt a website/ business.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think you've included everything that makes a good partnership work and possibly last forever. I usually run projects alone so thus far I haven't experienced how good having a partner can be, but maybe that'll change in the future.

P.S.
I don't count TalkBlogs since that lasted maybe a week or two xD

I think you've included everything that makes a good partnership work and possibly last forever. I usually run projects alone so thus far I haven't experienced how good having a partner can be, but maybe that'll change in the future.

P.S.
I don't count TalkBlogs since that lasted maybe a week or two xD

It can be very beneficial when you each bring your own set of skills. In saying that, without a certain degree of trust between partners it won't work. On ForumCoin, Fowler trusts Fergal enough that he paid the FC$ I had owing into my PayPal (from a hosting sale on FC). By doing that he keeps ForumCoin running while Fergal is AWOL.

It can be very beneficial when you each bring your own set of skills. In saying that, without a certain degree of trust between partners it won't work.
I assume that, but sadly not many people would be willing to work with me closely due to the fact that I like everything done professionally (specially when it comes to the design). However, I'm hoping that in the near future I find someone who can work with me and tolerate my quirks :p

Every business partnership is different and will depend on a number of factors including trust, friendship (or friendly environment between the parties), communication styles, personality, business skill (or tech skill, depending on the job(s) that needs to be done), etc. Some partnerships are a dream come true, others are a nightmare. And, you just don't know until you're in the middle of the partnership as to whether or not it will work. The worst part is, when a really good thing blows up over a little (often avoidable) misunderstanding. Then even the most technically perfect partnership can degenerate into a broken train wreck situation

I would be okay with partnering with someone to moderate a forum or something but I would not want to work with someone to create and design a site. I do not like arguing so I would not want to get in a debate about the best theme to use or site layout.

It has been seen that partnership does not last longer, of-course there are exceptions and it is only possible when no one is selfish and everyone wants to give their best.

As of right now, I don't have a partnership with anyone.

I want to soon get a partnership with someone who has a lot of experience though.

When you get partners for a website, it is important you trust your partners enough. Working with wrong partners can backfire.

I generally work with people who I know from the past.

I am in a partnership with a pal I met online, the owner of Tierra Hosting. Him and I work together very well and we are usually on the same page. But, he is my tech admin, so It may not be considered a partnership, so to say.

I am in a partnership with a pal I met online, the owner of Tierra Hosting. Him and I work together very well and we are usually on the same page. But, he is my tech admin, so It may not be considered a partnership, so to say.

Does your tech admin get a share of the revenue? If you two share the revenue equally, then he can be considered as your partner.

I am thinking of partnering with a buddy to create a simple discussion forum. Since there would not be much chance for fights to occur, I am thinking this is a good idea.

I am thinking of partnering with a buddy to create a simple discussion forum. Since there would not be much chance for fights to occur, I am thinking this is a good idea.

There are simply way too many discussion forums on the internet. I do not think I will ever look for a partner for a discussion forum.

Partnerships are a great thing in my idea. When me and Xpl0iter were busy running our old site (which we've now sold) I had a blast. Sure, we kept things on a professional basis at first (I worked/met @xpl0iter here first) but as you spend more and more time working on something you grow to become friends and I'd like to think me and Xpl0iter are great friends now and to me, that's the benefit of a partnership. You get to share your passion with someone else and make friends in the process.

Partnerships are awesome if you're doing it with the right people! And until now, all my partnerships have been good enough and I ended up being good friends with them!

I love when I partner with other people on a project idea. It allows me to get new ideas and improve the project in a fresh way that I would not have thought of. In an ideal world I would always partner with someone but I feel quite a lot of people do not always pull their weight.

Trust and being able to work together is a must in any partnership. If you have any kind of lack of trust with someone or you constantly have disagreements with someone you partner with it can leave a lot of cracks in what you do together and soon show to members or visitors you get on your website. I personally feel that if you can work together really well you have a great chance at having a fantastic partnership especially since creating any website or forum can be stressful.

A good deal is a deal where both parts win. If you want to start partnering with someone, you must first check out your advantages but also your partner advantages. Otherwise, why he agrees?

As we grow together, we must keep in mind that no one is perfect; we can all make mistakes!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds