Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Paid theme

Dilip

Addicted member
Credits
Do you think that paid themes are better than free themes? If yes, will you go ahead and invest in a custom theme or get a good paid theme?

How good are you at customising themes?

Advertisement Placeholder
Absolutely nothing wrong with using free themes, as you get some really nice, professional and well done themes out there!
I think that paying for a customised theme is a worthy investment for a forum as it sets you apart from the rest and is a good USP.

There is no such thing as a decent free theme for paid softwares. Not to my liking at least. There's nothing wrong with premade themes for a low price. And as anything they come in different kinds of quality. I like to pay for a well made premade theme, and I like to have some variety to choose from. A custom theme is no longer a requirement but it helps to make your brand more aware. For Admin Junkies, we have a couple of premade themes but we are having a custom theme real soon. That's because I'd like us to stand out from the crowd. And because it will help out our brand become more unique.

I don't think that paid themes are better than free themes but I do feel that with a paid theme you can get something more unique for your forum over something that many other people have used before. I am quite happy to use a free theme when I start a forum and then work my way towards a paid theme that will be a little more unique in the future when I have more funds.

I have tried in the past to customize themes but never really got the hang of it.

There's no way you can compare free resources to use on your forum to the paid one's. They will never be on the same level of service quality. I get why some webmasters are open to using free resources like themes and the rest but it's not what I will recommend.

If paid themes are better than free themes, why does anyone *ever* used free things for anything except out of necessity?

Guess we're all about to see our hosting bills rack up as we start to pay for Linux?

The problem with paid software is that they smell blood in the water. You cannot stop buy paying for the base software.

I think iPhone has something similar. You keep paying for a lot of basic things even after you pay a premium for the phone.

Do you think that paid themes are better than free themes? If yes, will you go ahead and invest in a custom theme or get a good paid theme?

How good are you at customising themes?
To the best of my knowledge and experience with using both free forum themes and paid one's, there's nothing wrong with using free themes. Them being free themes doesn't mean that they are worthless or not good enough. I have used it a couple of times and I really love them.

I've seen pretty free themes, however what bothers me is they get overused. They are basic and meant for all forums. I think it's good for a forum to have two free options, but then definitely need a paid option as well because it will likely "brand" their forum. I also understand people not using paid ones at opening because they want to see how it goes before investing in it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds