Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Opening

nolvorite

Credits
In the past forums you've made, how long did you prepare setting up your board before you opened it? What kind of a forum was it? Do you think there is a correlation between the time you took to set up opening the board and the attention your board would get once it's opened?

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't run a forum for a while now but I do think that you don't have to spend too much time getting a board ready for launch. It is much more important to continuously improve once your forum has opened. I do think that a well designed forum will attract attention but less so than a lot of content/ topics to have discussions around.

I'm the same as Sam, I haven't run a forum in a good while, but I also don;t see why you have to spend a long time getting ready. At the end of the day, it is content that will draw people to your forum, and to get content you need to be open.

I know some people who will spend months getting their forum ready, and personally I just don't see the point. As long as you continue to work on the site after it has opened you will be fine.

I think just a couple of days, to install the necessary plugins and setup forums and cofigure settings, also customize the logo/skin and then its all ready to go. :)

If you're alone just a couple of days. If you have a partner, one single day will be enough. If its your first time I think it will take more than just a couple of days I believe. At least it was like that for me when I started WebGuruBB with @Sam, isn't it?

If you're alone just a couple of days. If you have a partner, one single day will be enough. If its your first time I think it will take more than just a couple of days I believe. At least it was like that for me when I started WebGuruBB with @Sam, isn't it?

Yeah. It didn't take us very long to get setup.

Well, in the past, it didn't take me more than just few days to start my forums which were mostly general forums. However, I've come to a realization that the time you take to plan to start a forum has an effect on the attention the forum would be given once it's started.

To be honest a lot of us just start discussion forums without really putting thoughts into so many things like, 'who are our competitors?', 'solid plans to get people on', and so many things like that real start-ups put into consideration. However, it doesn't end there, as time goes on you'll implement other necessary things that you feel are necessary for the success of your forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds