Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

One Good Thing launches ‘world’s first’ wrapper-free snack bars

The Raven

Reputable member
Credits
1699008121406.png

A sustainable food & drink startup has developed what it claims are the “world’s first” wrapper-free snack bars and protein bars.

Called One Good Thing, it has created an edible film coating for the bars – made from beeswax and other natural ingredients – which “dries hard enough to hold and protect the contents but is thin and soft enough to chew easily”, it claims.

The edible, waterproof coating acts as a replacement to a traditional plastic or paper wrapper. As a result, the bars can be rinsed under the tap and bitten into, “just like eating an apple”.

Underneath the coating, each bar features an edible rice paper label featuring the brand’s logo and the relevant variant description.

The bars, which each weigh in at 39g, are available to order (in cardboard boxes of six and 12 bars) direct-to-consumer from OGT’s webstore.

They are made from raw, cold-pressed, low-carbon ingredients.

The standard snack bars are available in seven different variants, including Mango & Passionfruit, Strawberries & Cream, Rhubarb & Custard and Cherry Bakewell.

There are also seven protein bar variants available, including Apple & Cinnamon, Sticky Ginger, Berry Burst and Butterscotch. Each provides 7g protein per serve.

Snack bars are priced at £2.20 per unit on one-time purchases, or for £1.54 when users sign up for a subscription.

Protein bars, meanwhile, are priced at £2.50 per unit for a one-time purchase and £1.75 on subscription.

The innovation was the result of three years’ development.

“The idea for OGT came to me when I was out cycling and saw the sheer volume of snack wrappers,” said co-founder Mike Bedford.

Full article: https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/new-pro...-first-wrapper-free-snack-bars/684316.article

What do you think of this? I would totally try it :D

Advertisement Placeholder
Sounds delicious. I wonder if they have U.S. distribution. Pretty sure the bars would rot on slow boat from the UK.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds