Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Not Sending Activation Email

Advertisement Placeholder
Is anyone having this issue with MyBB?

I've had this issue when signing up for a few MyBB forums.

That happened to me a few times when signing up on MyBB forums. The rest of the sign ups I did on other forums run by the same software went rather smoothly.

Is anyone having this issue with MyBB?

I've had this issue when signing up for a few MyBB forums.

Generally it when people are either running on VPSes that thinks mail servers are "easy" and just let it rip. Or are on subpar shared providers that do not brother to properly configure their underlying environment and/or control panel.

Another possible issue that the users of these software does not know how to set it to email through SMTP instead of through PHP (generally done as the "nobody" user in the Linux system). Which at some hosts is a problem since security minded providers will block this at a server level to enhance security. Users of software should ALWAYS send emails via SMTP at all costs now of days.

Rather than a software related issue. Especially given that some people here are saying the same thing and that the errors seem to be isolated to certain installations rather than all installations.

Last edited:
I run MyBB forum and I have this issue. Some of my members complain that they did not receive activation mail. It is interesting that some members manage to receive activation emails, while some don't.
If your users are using Hotmail accounts, not that unusual. MickeySoft is VERY picky about receiving emails. It's one of the reasons I set up Amazon SES for delivery of site transactional emails. Fairly easy to do, and so far (almost a year) it's cost me nothing and I get reliable delivery even to Hotmail accounts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds