Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Newsletters

Credits
Does your forum have newsletters? Do you use them at all? Well in my old forum, I had newsletters because it tells people what is happening with the forum and what is improving. It helps to bring new members in because it can show that your changing and willing to adapt to changing things in the forum and bettering yourself. Some owners don't do it and just use the news section in the forum as it could be easier rather spending a week on a newsletter.

Advertisement Placeholder
It better to use news update section in your forum or website than newsletter because most people don't read mails

Does your forum have newsletters? Do you use them at all? Well in my old forum, I had newsletters because it tells people what is happening with the forum and what is improving. It helps to bring new members in because it can show that your changing and willing to adapt to changing things in the forum and bettering yourself. Some owners don't do it and just use the news section in the forum as it could be easier rather spending a week on a newsletter.
I think that a newsletter can be a good way in order to ensure that all of the members are up to date on the news of the forum however in order to make it interesting there has to be a lot of developments.

The newsletter can be a great way to interact with our members. And to inform them about the latest updates, activities, competitions, or events on the site. It also acts as a discussion topic thereby increasing the site connective ness and engagement

The newsletter can be a great way to interact with our members. And to inform them about the latest updates, activities, competitions, or events on the site. It also acts as a discussion topic thereby increasing the site connective ness and engagement
It can be very good and since you have their email address for all of the members that you can contact them directly in that way and in so doing get more of a response as well.

It better to use news update section in your forum or website than newsletter because most people don't read mails
I totally agree with this, receiving a lot of emails can be annoying at times and they might unsubscribe too so it would be best if there's going to be a news update section in the forum itself. Or might as well, you can do both so members have options, right? Whichever works for them. ;)

I totally agree with this, receiving a lot of emails can be annoying at times and they might unsubscribe too so it would be best if there's going to be a news update section in the forum itself. Or might as well, you can do both so members have options, right? Whichever works for them. ;)
I think that giving them teh choice of how often they want to be informed is the best way to go because if they are in control of what communication that they are getting them they are unlikely to get annoyed.

I think for me as a user of a forum having one newsletter every week is okay but anything more than that in a week is going to be very disruptive. These newsletter should be spent at least every weekend meant to summarise all the major topics for that week.

When I had a forum, I did not send newsletters, but if I have a forum in future I will make sure to send newsletter informing the members about new posts, new rewards and forum activities.

Yes having a newslatter it can actually help one to use it to inform people in your forum to know what is going on in the website, this newsletter is important way of informing the members about what what is happening in the forum.

I was working on incorporating articles and a news letter into the one forum I run but since activity hasn't been great, I just pushed it to the back burner for now. I am not sure if I will end up doing it or not at this point.

Yes, I agree with you about this. Mostly, people ignore e-mails or newsletters due to their busy routines or lack of interest. So, it's better to utilise the 'news updates' section of your online forum.

A fantastic approach to communicate with our members is through the newsletter. Additionally, to keep them updated on the site's most recent activities, competitions, and events. It also serves as a discussion starter, which improves the site's connectivity and engagement.

Newletters are really nice ways of letting user know what is happening in a forum or the new changes that have been made in a forum. Every forum should make use of newsletters.

If you have loyal subscribers, sending newsletters can be really helpful to generate traffic and engagement. However, if you do not have loyal subscribers, it can be just a waste of time

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds