Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Never be afraid of setting up your own businesses?

Until I learnt NEVER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IMPOSSIBLE MEANS I was so afraid of setting up my own business having acquired all necessary knowledgeto run such businesses.
Every time I come up with an idea, I share it with my prospective business partners and their response is always not possible to setup that in my state, impossible because of the law, impossible to get such capital e.t.c
What "IMPOSSIBLE" response do you surmount to setup your business?
My sister is in this situation now, every time I bring up the idea for her business to sell on Etsy, she always brings up the challenges and not the success, how shipping can be a barrier, how foreigners may not like what she sells, and I always tell her business is a risk you've got to take it!

Advertisement Placeholder
There are many people that don't want to start a business because they are afraid the failure of the business. They think that what they will do if they have failed. I think to start any business we have certain knowledge and experience . If we have this we can make our business successful without afraid.

My sister is in this situation now, every time I bring up the idea for her business to sell on Etsy, she always brings up the challenges and not the success, how shipping can be a barrier, how foreigners may not like what she sells, and I always tell her business is a risk you've got to take it!
@Lilia you shouldn't give up advising your sister on setting her business in the right way which entails all the challenges the business might face in the short run. You've said it all, business is a risk.

Last edited:
While making mistakes can at times be helpful, sometimes you can make good I progress by avoiding mistakes. The only thing most successful entrepreneurs are scared of is making mistakes, because they want to find out about mistakes because they don't want their mistake to happen again in a short period of time. Entrepreneurs are not able to experiment and be versatile in their learning; hence they struggled to achieve success.

I understand what you are trying to portray above. It is always good to be optimistic and not afraid to start your business. But one who is a novice needs to be very careful because overconfidence is also bad for business staters.

Until I learnt NEVER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IMPOSSIBLE MEANS I was so afraid of setting up my own business having acquired all necessary knowledgeto run such businesses.
Every time I come up with an idea, I share it with my prospective business partners and their response is always not possible to setup that in my state, impossible because of the law, impossible to get such capital e.t.c
Fear is a normal feeling when you think about doing something you haven't done before, you just have to squash it and believe in your dreams, believe in your self and it will disappear. You also need to surround yourself with positive people who will encourage you when you begin to have doubts

Your major problem is fear, fear is the only thing that draged man backward if you have the capital and you have a good business idea you can go ahead and open a business it will help you and your family and your also help you in future.
That fear which didn't hinder us from picking up a new job, that didn't hinder us from signing that job offer before us. We picked up the jobs without hesitation, some with the mindset of I will give it all it takes to stay on the job but it is pathetic that we can be bold enough to take that step to set up something for ourselves. Half of that commitment to a paid job would do to start up something we can build in for ourselves but we just kept holding back
[automerge]1612650023[/automerge]
Your major problem is fear, fear is the only thing that draged man backward if you have the capital and you have a good business idea you can go ahead and open a business it will help you and your family and your also help you in future.
That fear which didn't hinder us from picking up a new job, that didn't hinder us from signing that job offer before us. We picked up the jobs without hesitation, some with the mindset of I will give it all it takes to stay on the job but it is pathetic that we can be bold enough to take that step to set up something for ourselves. Half of that commitment to a paid job would do to start up something we can build in for ourselves but we just kept holding back

Some people failed to start up a business because someone else failed in that business. Always try as much as possible to remove negative thought from your mind whenever you want to start something. Draw out your plans, and start implementing your plans without looking back.

Anyone who has the capacity of creating a business should never hesitate starting one...take a look at your celebrities... Most of them is engaged in one business or the other...thats what the elites call plan b.
Start today no matter how small

To be very frank with you, it's never easy no matter how you look at it. If it's online business you have in mind to start up, you have to follow lots of procedures in order to get it kick off in the right manner, otherwise you end up losing everything.

Well shall there is nothing to fear about because you what to start a business as far as you have a good plan or ideas of what you want to do. As far as you have force yourself on it and focus you will over comes what ever that is facing you as far as you has your own type of service

Do not be afraid to try especially for your future good. Many are afraid to do business, for various reasons. But let this not be a hindrance to open the door of opportunity and opportunity in your life to do the things that will give you comfort especially to your family.

The reason why many people refused to start anything tangible is simply the fear of the unknown.
The obstacle to starting a small business is not actually about products or selling or money – it's fear of failure. To conquer the fear, just start something and stay positive.

Once someone knows about the business you are setting up and the way you will advertiseyou business to people there is nothing to be afraid of. You just have to be vigilant and know what you have to do that will make your business move forward and know what you should not do to ruin your business.

Fear is the number one killer of dreams. Second is procrastination. Surmount the courage today, take the bold step to turn that idea into reality. Back it up with actionable plans and start the implementation.

Fear is the number one killer of dreams. Second is procrastination. Surmount the courage today, take the bold step to turn that idea into reality. Back it up with actionable plans and start the implementation.
Well said @Segshowee, I agree with your comment but not in totality. Fear could be a dream killer to A while it Motives B to be cautious and strive for success. I know so many entrepreneurs whose drive in business is fear of failure. They don't like to fail so they put in all it takes not to fail.

You should never on any time be afraid of setting up a business. Business is full of risk, so you have to take the bull by the horn. There is no short cut to success, so brace yourself up, get the capital you need and set up the business of your choice that is in vogue and move on. At the end, it will become success.

Well, it's very good to have the mindset of entrepreneur but what it takes to setup your own business is greater than what it takes to work under someone. although at the end of the day you'll end up serving someone who creates the business, so why not trying to set up something by yourself and build it?

Don't know that fear is number factor that is responsible for the death of so many businesses? If you are afraid of trying anything in life, you can never achieve anything I'm life. You must conquer fear to explore your potentials

Never be afraid to start a business, if you don't start how will you know wether you will succeed or not. This life in particular is a risk if you are not ready to take a risk then you are not ready for this life.
But before venturing into any business make sure you are familiar with it and know Everything involved.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds