Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Must I follow preset rules to be successful in business?

They are not designed rules that if you follow you will be able to make money anywhere. What you should do is to study your customers and know exactly have to sell to them and make money.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hire others to help you with the tasks you're not excellent at. This allows you to concentrate on the parts of your organization where you provide the most value, while your employees concentrate on the areas where they add the most value. It's a win-win situation.

I checked the internet to see if there is any article or written textbook that state rules to be successful as a business owner. Something like a startup rule book. And rule #001 in the startup rulebook says that all founders must quit their jobs and work for free. Funny!

The dynamics of business makes it impossible to have such rules. You have to do what’s right for your situation

Have you seen any preset rules to be a successful business owner?

Well, I believe that it's something that can actually help a business succeed when you follow some rules set out for its success but the differences in most businesses that weren't taken into consideration before making the rules might not work.

Exactly, most cases what would work for you might not work for me, probably because we have different target audience, so I should not expect the method you used for your targeted audience to work on mine, because they are different set of people
This is why the study of human behaviour is what is most common in economics as most people would not behave the same way when it comes to the purchase of items and so that is why businesses following the same process rules and principles would not do any business person well.

Different businesses have preset rules to success, but in general, any business will have a better chance of succeeding if those rules are followed

This is why the study of human behaviour is what is most common in economics as most people would not behave the same way when it comes to the purchase of items and so that is why businesses following the same process rules and principles would not do any business person well.
True, this is also why some companies use surveys, to find out what the people around their business like and how they would react to certain products. Even how people react to certain situations would also determine the kind of products they would buy.

True, this is also why some companies use surveys, to find out what the people around their business like and how they would react to certain products. Even how people react to certain situations would also determine the kind of products they would buy.
The usage of surveys and questionnaires becomes very effective at gauging the consumer preferences as it relate to your business and the product or services that you are offering for the general public.

Well, that's why we have vision and mission and it cannot be explicitly the same as another person's. At the end of the day we have our different mentor and coaches so if you have to devise your own rules then why not? The sky is wide enough for knowledge explosion. You could be someone's hero someday!

Before you started the business,they were rules you made to guide you and this rules measure your disciplinary level. Change is dynamic just as business is dynamic,if for any reasons the rules are to be changed,then it should moderate the business.
You have nailed it. Change is dynamic and for whatever reason why you need to change the rule, it must be moderate and aim towards making the business okay.

I have never seen such and I believe there is nothing like preset rule, rather you will be the one to create a personal rule for yourself, discipline yourself to follow those self made rules if it is going to be a key factor to the success of your business

Seriously, there is always protocol that guides every kind of business setup that anyone is running which is why you have to find the ones that are unique to your business and follow them to the latter and make sure that they work for you.

To be successful its good to follow some rules, so that it can serve as a guideline for you.
Then, some doesn't really need that cause they know how to run their own package by themselves without any issue and its good
I think in my own parspective about runnung an organisation or an outfit,there are general principles and guidelines on a particular part and course to follow to acheive success,but generally the approach might differ.

No no not at all. There is no written dogma or rules that people must follow to become successful in their businesses. These rules does not exist anywhere. You must set up your own rules for yourself to follow

No you mustn't follow any preset rules to become successful in your business. As a matter of fact,you get to be the one to set your own preset rules that you feel and think would be workable for you for your business to be successful

There is nothing wrong with making use of the guide lines of successful guru before us, after all if they say it's works and you see for yourself that it actually works for them then try it out but what I advise is if it turns out to be the opposite for you, then find something that works for you and give it time .

It is your business and not anybody elses business what works for someone else might not work for you,you are the only one who will know what is best for you,the only thing is you consult and get advise from other people

Never doubt the power or potency of words. We have business rules and ethics let's not be deceived. There are certain principles laid down for us to follow e.g punctuality is the soul of business. How about that?

To.be successful in any form of business certain rules or procedures are or.most have to be followed in other to reach your destination because without them you may deviate from your set goals of achievement.

No you mustn't follow any preset rules to become successful in your business. You get to sort out for yourself what works for you in your business and make that your own rule to follow towards success

I checked the internet to see if there is any article or written textbook that state rules to be successful as a business owner. Something like a startup rule book. And rule #001 in the startup rulebook says that all founders must quit their jobs and work for free. Funny!

The dynamics of business makes it impossible to have such rules. You have to do what’s right for your situation

Have you seen any preset rules to be a successful business owner?

yes that's true for you to be a successful business individual you need to abide by some rules and regulation for you to have a successful business those rules are necessity and you have to abide by them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds