Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Most ridiculous business rules

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What are some of the most ridiculous business rules you have heard of? I can't say I have had any myself, but have heard some horror stories like how some employees have to stay over after work, the banning of phones, restriction of internet use, and more. Those are kind of tame, but what's the most ridiculous you heard or remember?

Advertisement Placeholder
What are some of the most ridiculous business rules you have heard of? I can't say I have had any myself, but have heard some horror stories like how some employees have to stay over after work, the banning of phones, restriction of internet use, and more. Those are kind of tame, but what's the most ridiculous you heard or remember?

Well, I have been in a company that never allowed the employees to go outside during the lunch break! Can you just imagine that? I believe that it was quite ridiculous rule. Why do they not allow people to go outside and have some lunch? This rule was quite awful and strange as well.

I find uniform rules very ridiculous. A lot of businesses and companies want their staff to wear formal, they even have dress codes and uniforms. What has what you wear got to do with your work performance? Why cannot I appear in the workplace with a Tshirt and jeans instead of a suit? Will I be able to do better just because I am wearing a suit?

I find uniform rules very ridiculous. A lot of businesses and companies want their staff to wear formal, they even have dress codes and uniforms. What has what you wear got to do with your work performance? Why cannot I appear in the workplace with a Tshirt and jeans instead of a suit? Will I be able to do better just because I am wearing a suit?
I don't think it's ridiculousl it is if you work not so special role but for more professional you can't go into a job like that you need to look presentable

I have worked in a place where they had really strange rules related to uniform. Having said that, there are many specific places where you need to follow a specific dress code. I have even seen many strange rules in many restaurants as well! They make you dress in a really strange way!

Personally, I can actually understand the business rule that prevents staffs from making use of their smartphone at work because it is a very big distraction that will make them not to focus when you are doing your job. But the most ridiculous business rule that I have heard is not being able to take breaks when you are working. I'm not going to partake in that kind of job..

If it is a workplace such as the restaurant, then wearing a uniform is not a big deal as that is something that is going to differentiate the staff members and their different roles as well. Maybe there are some workplaces putting on uniform doesn't make much sense.

If it is a workplace such as the restaurant, then wearing a uniform is not a big deal as that is something that is going to differentiate the staff members and their different roles as well. Maybe there are some workplaces putting on uniform doesn't make much sense.

Any employee who is fighting the uniform arrangement that the company where he or she is employed to work is being very stupid because the person must have been notified when they are being hired about the need for them to be on uniform constantly. So, if it is not something they are willing to do, they shouldn't accept the job in the first place.

Personally, I can actually understand the business rule that prevents staffs from making use of their smartphone at work because it is a very big distraction that will make them not to focus when you are doing your job. But the most ridiculous business rule that I have heard is not being able to take breaks when you are working. I'm not going to partake in that kind of job..

There are many companies that may not allow their workers to use smartphones due to many reasons. Many companies fear data getting leaked out. This is why they always have a fear of employees misusing the data. Some companies do not allow using phones, just because they want to make it feel like employees are inferior. They do this on purpose.

There are many companies that may not allow their workers to use smartphones due to many reasons. Many companies fear data getting leaked out. This is why they always have a fear of employees misusing the data. Some companies do not allow using phones, just because they want to make it feel like employees are inferior. They do this on purpose.

Personally, I believe that it is mostly because of how employees are always distracted whenever they are making use of their smartphone during their working hours that makes the management to make rules against allowing using smartphone when workers are on duty.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds