Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

MORALITY AND PROFIT MARGIN

tyrim88

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to the issue of adding some profit on your products or items you have in stock.At what level should you say this is enough for me.Are some profit tag outrageous,say about 400 , 500% or even more.

Advertisement Placeholder
Morality in profit depends solely on individual every individual has a choice on what they think is right and what the thing is wrong when generating profit in their business because at the end it all depends on whether you have the money or not whether you can or you lose

I believe profit in business should be in line with industry average. If those in your level in the industry are making 100% profit on a particular service rendered opting for 250% will be nothing short of greed; opting for 50% and you will be shortchanged.

When it comes to the issue of adding some profit on your products or items you have in stock.At what level should you say this is enough for me.Are some profit tag outrageous,say about 400 , 500% or even more.
400 or 500% is pure greed and even the seller knows that. The standard profit in business should be around 50-150% anything above that is morally wrong.

400 or 500% is pure greed and even the seller knows that. The standard profit in business should be around 50-150% anything above that is morally wrong.
There is so much competition in the business space. Increasing your product by 500% will make a lot of your customers to look for elsewhere to buy the product. You are likely to lose in the business aspect if you engage in this.

LoL as they would say in location
" Use your conscience add price "
There are some persons that just add tot the original price without conscience, they do not even care how it would affect the next person

There is this saying in my country the rich also cry, I think that is the best interpretation. There is no amount of profit margin that is enough my dear, make the money keep coming and me keep smiling.

There are some persons that just add tot the original price without conscience, they do not even care how it would affect the next person
That has always been my concern even as a consumer,because most of the times you are actually taking something extra from the usual profit that you are suppose to get from the business.

The price on an item must inflate when the manufacturers have to produce it expensively with the same materials. Otherwise, the retail business will lose money. The owner might as well increase the sell price to increase their profit margins and to stabilize consumer demand.

Well it depends on your cost of production and how your marketing or the market for your products is because making more gain on product is the job of a producer.

Morality in profit depends solely on individual every individual has a choice on what they think is right and what the thing is wrong when generating profit in their business because at the end it all depends on whether you have the money or not whether you can or you lose
[automerge]1634519968[/automerge]
Well it depends on your cost of production and how your marketing or the market for your products is because making more gain on product is the job of a producer.
There is nothing bad in costing your production into your produce,but the issue is this,putting the price tag in an outrageous manner that is most timesover 200%.

Aah!
400-500% profit margin is way too much.
Am certain such margins would only end up chasing one's customers away.
I think we should be more considerate with this, making so much profit if at all possible is pure greed.

Well, I think morality and profit margin in business depends on every business individual because to me what you might think is outrageous profit is like my normal profit-earning daily, so it depends on how everyone sees it I guess.

If we should leave the issue of morality to be decided by what one feels is right,then what one deem fit he can do provided he terms it as moral.

It should all depend on the markets. Most products have range of prices of being sold and I think a person choosing the top or bottom of the range is dependent on how much he feels comfortable taking as profits.

The price you set for the products in your business should be in line with the other businesses. Setting yours to be too high is a sign of greed and out of moral standards. Even the customers will stop buying from you.

Aah!
400-500% profit margin is way too much.
Am certain such margins would only end up chasing one's customers away.
I think we should be more considerate with this, making so much profit if at all possible is pure greed.
That is actually the point,the fact that we have to factor a lot of things into consideration should not mean we should push all the stress back to the consumers,some price are actually outrageous.

I wonder. I don't know if they feel they are the only one with that products, if they were to monopolise that product for these people, customers would suffer

I wonder. I don't know if they feel they are the only one with that products, if they were to monopolise that product for these people, customers would suffer
Am telling you, like I saw someone who was about to sell a product for me for a very high pice, I almost brought it but I decided to make more research and I came to discover that he was about to sell it to me three times the original price.

I believe profit in business should be in line with industry average. If those in your level in the industry are making 100% profit on a particular service rendered opting for 250% will be nothing short of greed; opting for 50% and you will be shortchanged.
You are on point, I also think that the industry average should be the baseline for input or adjustment to the profit margin of any company and also considering the effect on the customers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds