Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Moderators are unable to ban

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
Is it just me, or does this really annoy you about xF? If you're not familiar with this; you're unable to ban people without ACP access on XenForo. It's something they've always had, and it's really annoying. One of the worst parts about it is there isn't a real extension to fix this issue. Is it just me, or is this really annoying?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, this is where custom ACP permissions come in handy. From my experience with Xenforo all you have to do is mark someone as an admin and only give them the "Manage bans" permission which should allow them to ban people and not do anything else. I get where Xenforo puts it in the ACP; they want to keep it safe. Most people think giving ACP access is telling someone they're an admin, but really, I've always given my mods ACP access so they can edit users and do their job more efficiently. . XenForo has more flexible permissions within the ACP than other softwares, which is awesome. xD

Though I think many people are no longer giving their mods ban powers because they want the ban to be more of an administrative duty rather than letting someone they don't know have the ability to potentially ruin the entire forum. So with that, I think Xenforo is only going with the "fashion" of things.

Last edited:
Part of why I hate it is it's a pain too. I know on phpBB and IPB, it's a whole lot easier to ban from mobile. Sometimes I'm out and about, logging into the ACP takes time that I sometimes don't have when someone is annoyingly spamming my forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds