Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members goading others

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
What do you do about members who skirt the rules and goad others, so that certain members who are known to be sensitive will blow up? Not literally blow up, but will have an online meltdown. I've had this happen on Christianity Haven a couple of times and thankfully the staff saw that it was one member causing the disruption and even though rules weren't broken, he was still a nuisance. He was put on a temporary ban by the owner. Of course, activity dropped off because the members weren't happy by the drama.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I can reach it fast enough, I'll try to put a quick and quiet stop to it.

It take more energy to be a jerk on a community that to just get along with people.

It's a reason why one of my guidelines addresses those who are constantly negative. They're no good for a community. They'll only bring the place down.

If I can reach it fast enough, I'll try to put a quick and quiet stop to it.

It take more energy to be a jerk on a community that to just get along with people.

It's a reason why one of my guidelines addresses those who are constantly negative. They're no good for a community. They'll only bring the place down.

How do you address it? I have some members who make others feel uncomfortable, but aren't breaking rules. What do you say to them? I mean, you can't flame them and call them a jerk :D

How do you address it? I have some members who make others feel uncomfortable, but aren't breaking rules. What do you say to them? I mean, you can't flame them and call them a jerk :D
“We strive to create a welcoming atmosphere. Your presence is a detrimental to our goals and the harmony of the community. Note that this is not a personal decision, but one in the best interests of the website.”

Hope that helps :)

I would PM them and let them know what changes they need to make.

I would give my expectations and ask that they follow it.

I'd give them the option of account deletion if they so choose.

Don't be walked on. Get it under control while you're able to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds