Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Meaningful connections: something you get, or something you create?

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
This thread cuts deep into the heart of who you are as a person, and there's no right or wrong answer. To a certain extent, many of us have done both: I have immensely benefited from amazing connections with others in forums over the years where others reached out and fostered great relationships, and Ive also created new connections for myself.

Are you someone where you "get" a relationship from others, or do you create the relationship? How have those benefited your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
This has varied for me. I have in the past been able to reach out and build relationships with others which has been a great experience but most of the time, others tend to reach out to me to build relationships.

The relationships I have made both that I created and built up and that others created have helped my forums in terms of how much I have learned through those I have built relationships.

More than 70 percent of people on my friend list on Facebook are the people I met on various websites. Some of my virtual friends have done things for me that not even my friends from real world have done. It is possible to build meaningful connections online provided you are are trustworthy and genuine person and do not have any desire to profit form people.

More than 70 percent of people on my friend list on Facebook are the people I met on various websites. Some of my virtual friends have done things for me that not even my friends from real world have done. It is possible to build meaningful connections online provided you are are trustworthy and genuine person and do not have any desire to profit form people.
This is very true. I too have met many people online who I am still friends with on places such as Facebook, Twitter (X) and also Discord and they have helped me a lot over the years just as much as I have helped them.

It's crazy how virtual friendships can often go better than IRL friendships.

You can get it from being in right place at the right time, but it's far more fruitful if you've put some effort into it even if limited to cultivating what others have reached out. If you play your cards you'll get much further if you're proactive. In any case you're not getting anywhere if you're being a dead fish.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 8)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds