Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Making use of all the social media platforms?

Credits
There's no doubt about being able to generate massive traffic from social media platforms to your forum or blog. When trying to workout the social media platforms to be used for your forum/blog traffic generation, do you think it's going to give you a better result to use all the social media platforms out there or just pick one and focus all your energy on milking it effectively?

Advertisement Placeholder
For my website I have an X account and a Facebook page, as well as a youtube channel but i don't do much with the youtube channel at the moment. I have ideas on videos in mind but i'm not sure if I wanna do it going forward. We'll see.

The problem is the lack of time in each day to do everything :p

I do try to keep the FB page and twitter accounts up to date though.

Yup, I agree with @Smokey

It's like the admins who say they maintain and run five forums. How do you effectively do that?? It's supremely challenging and hard to run just one and do it well.

For social media, you can't just take the same generic content item and repost it. You can start with the same content item, but convert it into pieces that are unique to each platform. Twitter will be a short form post; Instagram will be a photo; YouTube will be video, etc.

Last edited:
Forums are not easy anymore. You can't run them as a solo act these days. Posting a topic on 5 major platforms effectively takes 30 minutes at the least.

As much as I have social media accounts for websites that I own, it's never possible to keep them up to date as well as keeping up with everything else you have to do.

I believe things such as an automatic poster for new threads to be posted to social media pages is one thing to look into if you don't have enough time.

It is not going to be easy to make use of all the social media platforms, especially the popular ones, in marketing my sites. I mean, unless you don't have any other thing that you do on a daily basis, this act is not going to be easy to happen. What I think that can work is looking at hiring a social media manager who is an expert in the field to help you run it.

As daunting as it might seem, I still advice that businesses should make use of all available social media platforms to promote their products and services.
The more people they reach out to, the more potential customers they stand to attract.

Yup, I agree with @Smokey

It's like the admins who say they maintain and run five forums. How do you effectively do that?? It's supremely challenging and hard to run just one and do it well.

For social media, you can't just take the same generic content item and repost it. You can start with the same content item, but convert it into pieces that are unique to each platform. Twitter will be a short form post; Instagram will be a photo; YouTube will be video, etc.

Exactly! Spinning the same content without making it to tally with the social media platforms you're posting it on will only make you look like a joke. Such content will only get more traction to it when it's posted on the right social media site it's written for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds