Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

List of Websites with Free XF Themes

jyy

Renowned member
Credits
Brivium seems to have the most that are the most up to date. However, though, even those are not compatible yet with XF 2.0. Anyway, some more free themes can be found at the XF company site, but usually, they are just re-listing themes from other websites.

Advertisement Placeholder
Brivium seems to have the most that are the most up to date. However, though, even those are not compatible yet with XF 2.0. Anyway, some more free themes can be found at the XF company site, but usually, they are just re-listing themes from other websites.

Whatever theme provider you decides to use (even paid ones) you should audit their sites and such. Just to be sure they are not about to use your account and/or computer for evil things (SPAM, DDoSing, and/or etc).

Whatever theme provider you decides to use (even paid ones) you should audit their sites and such. Just to be sure they are not about to use your account and/or computer for evil things (SPAM, DDoSing, and/or etc).

I've not run into that. In fact, I don't think that exists - with themes, that is.

I've not run into that. In fact, I don't think that exists - with themes, that is.
If it goes onto your computer and/or your hosted account it can indeed contain those types of things. It's called a "Trojan", just like the real thing it "looks" like a usable thing. But it comes with a nasty "surprise" within.

That is why you always should have anti virus (and anti malware if the program doesn't' do both) and only upload the contents that have no positives for viruses and/or malware.

If it goes onto your computer and/or your hosted account it can indeed contain those types of things. It's called a "Trojan", just like the real thing it "looks" like a usable thing. But it comes with a nasty "surprise" within.

That is why you always should have anti virus (and anti malware if the program doesn't' do both) and only upload the contents that have no positives for viruses and/or malware.

That seems to be the case with most things, but I haven't run into this situation with forum software. However, though, better safe than sorry might be advised. Anyway, I'm not sure about mods. Maybe there is more cases of adware among them.

That seems to be the case with most things, but I haven't run into this situation with forum software. However, though, better safe than sorry might be advised. Anyway, I'm not sure about mods. Maybe there is more cases of adware among them.

It's interesting that you said this, considering you mentioned Brivium in your opening post of this topic. Brivium had a little bit of a scandal that got all of their add-ons and styles removed from XenForo.com 2-3 years ago. Personally, I would be hesitant to trust anything developed by Brivium.

It's interesting that you said this, considering you mentioned Brivium in your opening post of this topic. Brivium had a little bit of a scandal that got all of their add-ons and styles removed from XenForo.com 2-3 years ago. Personally, I would be hesitant to trust anything developed by Brivium.

And I don't blame you for that, as being removed from a genuine vendor like Xenforo had to have good backing on why they would do such that. Likely ToS/illegal violations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds