Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Learn a language?

Advertisement Placeholder
In highschool we were required to take a language. The ones available at the time were Spanish, French, and German. I decided out of those choices I wanted to learn German. The year I finished getting my language credits they brought in ASL (American Sign Language) and I totally would have LOVED that. I still would like to learn ASL fully, I learned bits and pieces but of course I forget it when I don't use it.

I have learned phrases/words of Spanish due to having many hispanic friends. It was a language I thought would be good to know, but I just never learned.

I've learned a little bit of Spanish when I was in High School. I've always wanted to learn Japanese, it'd be cool to watch anime without needing subtitles.
That's the entire reason I wanted to learn Japanese! Ah, someday, I'll know enough to hold a simple conversation. It's always awesome when listening to J-POP to hear a word and be like, "OMG, I KNOW that word!! I know what it means! Awesome-sauce!!!" LOL

For years, I've struggled to learn Japanese. Why? Because I want to watch my favorite anime in its native tongue so I can catch some of the more delicate humor that's found inside the language and culture.
I do too.. lol mainly because I have a vision disability that I can't concentrate on subtitles and watch the anime at the same time. So any anime I do watch has to be English dubbed

The best way to learn a language is to move to the country of the native language you want to learn. I am good with Spanish and my half English :) It's been a blessing to be able to communicate on two languages in my experience. If you have time, try to meet with people that speak what you want to learn. Or force yourself to watch TV to fine-tune your hears way before getting books.

A method I used, was to force myself to write from a book to a notebook about topics that I already liked. (computers in my case) By the way, I also learn to write with both hands to rest one at a time :) I recommend it.

We learnt Japanese in primary school and I still remember how to say hello and introduce myself but that’s about it. I started learning Spanish a few years ago just so I could speak to friends in Spanish but I got lazy and stopped. :3 I’d love to still properly learn it though

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds