Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Launch Team Idea (Please Vote)

Do you like my idea of a launch team feature?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please explain...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Howdy folks,

Back in the day, another admin forum had a launch team feature.

I've considered creating something similar on Forum Admin Forum.

Basically, members of this forum meeting some simple requirements will get
  • A certain number of new topics
  • A certain number of replies
  • A new registration
I would provide this to the forums that qualify, and if anyone wanted to be on the launch team, I could make that a role. It would something for someone who likes to join and post on forums.

For now, I want to keep the idea simple, but if later it evolves into something more, we can see how that plays out when it happens.

The idea of the "launch team" is to give a forum some good content to go off of. It's not a post-exchange or a posting service.

What do you all think about an idea like this? Please and feel free to add your feedback!

Advertisement Placeholder
I still feel pretty confused. Is the launch team to launch other forums, or is it for keeping this forum active? Also, who would be eligible to be part of the launch team and, if the previous use is the reason or it, would they be eligible to be part of the launch team and the client of it?

I still feel pretty confused. Is the launch team to launch other forums, or is it for keeping this forum active? Also, who would be eligible to be part of the launch team and, if the previous use is the reason or it, would they be eligible to be part of the launch team and the client of it?
It would be a feature for members of this forum.

Basically you could request a "launch" on your forum which would be a posting package that you don't have to exchange back.

It would be an exclusive feature for being a member of this forum.

But in order to keep it organized, there would need to be some requirements.

Simple ones, like XX amount of posts on this forum, something like that.

I get it a bit better now! But I still don't know if I can be part of the team and request it at the same time. xD

Thats actually a pretty good idea and will definitely help newer forums getting started. Will certainly bring new members over. Only issue is keeping those members here as active members once you've done the launch idea on their forum.

Thats actually a pretty good idea and will definitely help newer forums getting started. Will certainly bring new members over. Only issue is keeping those members here as active members once you've done the launch idea on their forum.
Members come and go, it's their freedom to do so and it's been like that since the beginning of time. I like the idea, it's more unique then a packages service like I have, and it doesn't require to maintain a staff team, so that positive. Something less positive is that some requests will be overlooked and not taken care of. But there's not much to do about that I guess. Unless you can have the launch team fill all requests.

I'd say try it, it's with trail and error if I put that correctly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds