Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Last Video Game Played

Advertisement Placeholder
What exactly is Driv3r? And is it sold anymore? :p I can't say that I've heard of it before.

What exactly is Driv3r? And is it sold anymore? :p I can't say that I've heard of it before.

It's a 2005 action-adventure game by Atari. It was released for PS2, Xbox and PC. I have it for the PS2 and recently bought it for the PC. The series originally started out on the PS1 with Driver, back in 1999.

It works in the same way as Grand Theft Auto, but you play as an undercover cop, rather than a villain. Having said that though, you are able to commit crimes and the cops will chase you, etc. This game in particular gives you three cities - Miami, Florida, USA; Nice, France and Istanbul, Turkey.

The graphics are extremely good for the time. Think of GTA IV, playing on the PS2. That's basically what it is, but dare I say a little more refined, not as moody (GTA IV looks dull as hell) and not as violent. The game physics also beat GTA for the time too, since all drivable vehicles can be damaged to a great extent, whereas GTA titles of the same era were more limited in that regard.

Atari did well for the platforms of the time. Driver: Parallel Lines came after (I have that for the PS2 as well), set in New York City, and also in two different eras (1978 and 2006). That game is a much nicer looking NYC than GTA IV, no matter which era you play.

That sounds like a cross between NFS Undercover and GTA 5. :p Well, set back in the 2000s, haha.

That sounds like a cross between NFS Undercover and GTA 5. :p Well, set back in the 2000s, haha.

Examples of the graphics. Bear in mind these are obviously from the PC version, but the PS2/Xbox versions are practically identical. Perhaps missing a little aliasing, but that's all. :p

I should note that you don't play as an undercover cop in Parallel Lines. That was a spin-off, but it was a good game.

Driv3r (Nice)
Driver: Parallel Lines (1978 era NYC)

Examples of the graphics. Bear in mind these are obviously from the PC version, but the PS2/Xbox versions are practically identical. Perhaps missing a little aliasing, but that's all. :p

I should note that you don't play as an undercover cop in Parallel Lines. That was a spin-off, but it was a good game.

Driv3r (Nice)
Driver: Parallel Lines (1978 era NYC)
Why the hell would anyone want to go back to the 1978 era New York? Full of gangs and criminals. :O

It's a 2005 action-adventure game by Atari. It was released for PS2, Xbox and PC. I have it for the PS2 and recently bought it for the PC. The series originally started out on the PS1 with Driver, back in 1999.

It works in the same way as Grand Theft Auto, but you play as an undercover cop, rather than a villain. Having said that though, you are able to commit crimes and the cops will chase you, etc. This game in particular gives you three cities - Miami, Florida, USA; Nice, France and Istanbul, Turkey.

The graphics are extremely good for the time. Think of GTA IV, playing on the PS2. That's basically what it is, but dare I say a little more refined, not as moody (GTA IV looks dull as hell) and not as violent. The game physics also beat GTA for the time too, since all drivable vehicles can be damaged to a great extent, whereas GTA titles of the same era were more limited in that regard.

Atari did well for the platforms of the time. Driver: Parallel Lines came after (I have that for the PS2 as well), set in New York City, and also in two different eras (1978 and 2006). That game is a much nicer looking NYC than GTA IV, no matter which era you play.
I had the original Driver on PS1, great game.

Last game I finished was Tomb Raider for the Xbox One (which is totally gnarly, so you should check it out if you haven't played it yet).

Last game I played was WWE 2K14 on the Xbox 360.

What was the last video game you played? (I can't believe not one video game thread has been posted!)

Minecraft on the 360 like a week ago.
I played Street Fighter over at the arcade and almost broke my fingers in the process. People have various concerns these days so perhaps that explains why hardly anyone gave a thought about video games. Since this Web Guru, most people discuss SEO and web-related issues and then random topics like this get general-zoned.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds