Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Laptop VS Desktops

xXInfectedXx

Renowned member
Credits
This is a classic debate on Forums and I thought I would discuss it here and share my opinion. I personally prefer Laptops for a number of a reasons. They are very portable which is very helpful if I need to take it around the house or to places and some people say Laptops are not that powerful, I disagree. My laptop has been doing fine and it has been doing everything I have wanted it to do so that's why I prefer Laptops over Desktops. What's your opinion about this, do you prefer Laptops or Desktops?

Advertisement Placeholder
It really depends what you're using a computer for.

If you're just using it for web browsing, youtube, even light coding and photoshop - a laptop will do these just as well as a desktop.

However if you want to play games at 1080p on ultra.. while some laptops can do this, you'll want a desktop. Not only for the specs, but for the cooling and upgrade ability.

My laptop is awesome. As edenwax said, it depends on what you need your computer for. I don't use mine for heavy gaming or Photoshop, so I don't need an incredibly high-power machine.

I use my desctop for work and laptop for watching movies in my bed or travelling.

I'm definitely a laptop guy because I love the mobility. I'm definitely not one to be stationary as in sitting in a chair at a desk - except at work.. :(

I prefer laptop. It is true that more demanding things you can't do as good as on desktop, like playing some games, but since I don't have enough time to play games, I prefer laptop. It serves me well for about 2 years and I use it mostly for the internet, writing and Photoshop

I prefer laptops just because you have more freedom with them. I don't like being tied down to a desk with a desktop.

I like my laptop. I never used to like them much but when my desktop crashed I was forced to use my laptop. I got so used to it that I do not even miss my desktop anymore.

I really enjoy my desktop just because i feel like its faster, but i don't know its just my preference.

This is an excellent question and I most certainly have an answer! I enjoy both laptops and desktops for various reasons. It always seems to me that desktops always last longer and run faster than average laptops do. However, I enjoy laptops as well because you can take them anywhere and easily connect to wifi. The only difference between the two is that one is portable and can go anywhere. But between the two I would have to go with laptops because I like to relax rather than sitting in one location for an amount of time while I surf the internet.

I have a desktop and a 2017 Macbook pro. I like the portability of the macbook, but if I'm rendering an animation or something I choose the desktop.

Desktop
Better gaming performance
Better overall performance in any other tasks
Faster to do your work when you need to write things up
You can invest in a bigger and better screen (this is important if you are going to be typing up something for several hours.

Well I spent about £3000 building a PC from scratch over a couple of years. I learned about hardware combos, what works and what doesn't the hard way. It was a beast of a machine, 64gb or ram, 10TB hard drive space, water cooled and could handle anything. Even had a little hand help computer for overclocking and managing the cooling system and lights. I had to travel for work so I couldn't take it with me and I had to rush sell it. Got maybe £600 for it. I was gutted but I needed a laptop before I left.
Found an Alienware laptop on Ebay for £399 and it was like brand new. I'm so happy with it as I do everything I did on my PC and it doesn't break a sweat! I think I'm going to stick with this brand for the foreseeable future.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds