Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key indicators for investing in a company

The most important thing is checking the product that the company is selling in itself whether they can continue doing so for so many years. You should also check the business model.

Advertisement Placeholder
You must first check the goals of the company.
Do they have the right and good goals ?
Check the ability of the company to archive such goals, it is possible ?

First of all I would like to know the kind of business and try to guess how long it will continue, the people involved might also be a red flag and their profit

Before investing in any company I must have known the foregrounding of that company which includes; the number of years the company has been established and must have had good reviews concerning the company. I must have been able to align with their long-term goals.

Check whether the company is publicly traded company or not. If it is publicly traded company, check its position on the share market, its current share price, price history, etc.

I think for me, the biggest indicator to look for is their history. How did it start? How long has it been there? How long have they been paying other people? You can even look payment proofs and reviews.

One of the things to look out for when investing in a company or business is the earnings you would get per share. Also check if the company has a viable strategy for expansion in the nearest future.

You don't invest in the present you invest into the future of a company. You might want to know how to determine a company with bright future to invest into. A company with brighter future will plan for expansion and acquisition.

The first thing to consider is your earnings per share. This is the amount each share would get if the company pays out all it's profit to the shareholders.then you can now consider price to earnings ratio etc
Yes friend. I agree with you. One must consider the earning per share before even thinking of investing into the company or business to avoid loss of any kind. And also one should check for the business longevity so that there won't be any crash in business at at particular point.

As an investors or financiers, what are the key indicators to check out for in any intending company/business you would like to invest in?
Before I will be able to invest in any company I must have made all the research that I need to know about the company's financial standing and their profit and loss making on yearly basis at least for 10 years.

As an investors or financiers, what are the key indicators to check out for in any intending company/business you would like to invest in?
Carry out a market survey to check the feasibility of the business you intend venturing into.
Ensure it is a business type with high turnover rate.
Find out the required capital for its start up.

I have to be very sceptical when investing in a company but it is even a better option that I don't even invest in companies at all that is owned by a private individual over here, maybe I can consider investing in that of the government.

As an investor, before investing in a business one needs to first of all do a proper background check on the business. One needs to also be certain that the business is making profit.

The first thing to consider is your earnings per share. This is the amount each share would get if the company pays out all it's profit to the shareholders.then you can now consider price to earnings ratio etc
Seriously, when it comes to making money through investing in a business or a company, you should always loook out for consistency in their profit making.

There are a lot of things I would check first before looking if a company is fit to be invested in or not.
First is the category of the company whether it is education, technology, food or transportation.
Another is how the company is being run, whether or not they are fair, their policies go in hand with the law, do they try to employ the best people or not.
The nature of the product and services that the company that you want to invest in there was always very important because he's going to let you know how possible the product will sell in the market in order for you to get profits from the investment.

Here are some key indicators used by investors.
  • Earnings per share (EPS) This is the amount each share
  • Price to earnings (P/E) ratio.
  • Price to earnings ratio to growth ratio (PEG)
  • Price to book value ratio (P/B)
  • Dividend payout ratio (DPR)
  • Dividend yield.

On reading the post and the comments I have been able to learn a free new things and I will try to put them to work and I am grateful to you for bringing this to our notice

There are a lot of things I would check first before looking if a company is fit to be invested in or not.
First is the category of the company whether it is education, technology, food or transportation.
Another is how the company is being run, whether or not they are fair, their policies go in hand with the law, do they try to employ the best people or not.

I'll check the value of the company - what they do; as in the value they provide. I'll also check the customer base, their leadership and focus is also something that I'll look into.

Presently I wouldn't even want to be investing in anything now offline except real estate. Even if I have to do it I have to check if such business organisation partners with the government in one way or the other.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds