Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Joe Biden

Cite your sources.
The testimony, Durhams report, as in the special counsel. He issued a scatching report that said, without doubt that the every bit of the Trump "russian" crap was 100% total bullshit. I watched the hearing myself.

How bout go watch the congressional hearings from the IRS agents that were blocked from investigating Hunter Biden. Was not ALLOWED to ask questions about Hunter's father.

Go read all of the bank records that are public record released by the house oversight committee recently. Oh, wait, let me guess, they had the banks go back and forge all of those records to make Biden look bad.

If you honestly believe any of what you are trying to defend. You are either willfully ignorant of the topic matter. Or you are a Globalist, Marxist or just plain stupid and can not tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Please, understand, I am not trying to insult anyone, or down what someone believes. It's just at this point. I have zero time or understanding for people that choose not to believe the truth that is right there in front of their eyes, if they truly try to find the truth. It's there. You just got to be willing to find it.

The problem with media, and government in general is... Narrative over truth.I do NOT want their opinion. I want FACTS. I can make my own determination. Just gives me the facts. PERIOD. If they will not do that, then they are serving an agenda other than the best interest of the public. Period. That fact can not be argued. Period.

I will also say. They have a right to say whatever they want, and to believe whatever they want.

If they are going to be journalist. They have the responsibility, in the US, to report ONLY FACTS, whether they agree with them or not. They have the right to be activist. BUT NOT BOTH because its impossible to be both of those things at the same time and do them both honorably, truthfully.

That is all I have to say on this topic and I will not be replying again.

Advertisement Placeholder
Durham’s report doesn’t actually say that. I will note I haven’t read it fully, but I read the first twenty or so pages, and he spends a lot of time noting that the FBI didn’t actually do their job properly. Key witnesses not questioned (e.g. Dolan) and going into the investigation with a preconceived bias that limited the scope of what they looked at, amongst other things.

Do I get every news source from America? Not really, I don’t live in America and don’t really pay the news that much attention because 1) what happens in America isn‘t my concern and the US is not the centre of my world and 2) I see from my country’s media now corrupt it is. And at least over here the right wing media is (massively) more biased than the left wing media. To the point of trying to confuse the terms left and right, and saying “stop voting for (party)”… but that party hasn’t been in power for nearly 14 years…

You talk about not insulting anybody but then call people stupid if they don’t find the same truth as you. I get that you want your guy to be innocent - we all want to believe our leaders are better than us - but you’re not doing a good job of convincing me of anything except that I want nothing to do with you. Reasonable people can disagree with each other even on politics, but your stance there feels a little too close to soapbox shouting and edging into conspiracy theory territory, unless I “open my eyes” and stop being a sheep and follow your truth. Truth, unfortunately, is a three edged sword.

J6 is the biggest stitch up in history. I mean there is video of people being welcomed in and just wandering around, they didnt even know they werent meant to be there, then they get arrested and locked up. Some people STILL locked up to this day and yet to face a trial. Sham. This is what happens with a tyrannical government is in charge.

I said I was not going to post again.

Let me set a few things straight here.

1) I am a free speech absolutist. People should have the right to say what they want, especially when it comes to politics.
2) Normally I try to avoid political discussion.
3) If anyone feels I have intentionally insulted them. That has not been my intent. My views are my own. I speak for no reason other than I know what I have seen with my own eyes and will not deny it for anyone or any reason. Period.

I was going to remove my posts in this thread, and I may still due to me not usually getting into the political discussions. I am here for the code. Not for politics.

Again, if anyone (and honestly I have not read the recent replies and do not intend too), feels anything I have said was pointed at any single person... That was not my intent even if it might have read that way. So if it was taken personally I apologize for that, as it was not my intention, but I do not and will not apologize for speaking what I know to be the truth. Not my opinion, but truth, because I have seen enough of the video to convince me of it.

@Arantor, I have a huge amount of respect for you as a developer and a person. I do not care what your politics are. I considered you a friend before this thread, and consider you one now. As I said, I'm not here for politics and I for one can agree to disagree and let it be that. I'm not here to try and convince anyone of anything. People believe what they wish and they have that right. I will stand and defend that right, in person, not just on a keyboard via the internet and they also have the right to speak what they believe, which I will also defend. Does not matter if I agree with someone.

Hope you all have a great day :)

I have a solution.

‘Elect’ me as benevolent dictator of the world.

Sigourney Weaver Aliens GIF

I said I was not going to post again.

Let me set a few things straight here.

1) I am a free speech absolutist. People should have the right to say what they want, especially when it comes to politics.
2) Normally I try to avoid political discussion.
3) If anyone feels I have intentionally insulted them. That has not been my intent. My views are my own. I speak for no reason other than I know what I have seen with my own eyes and will not deny it for anyone or any reason. Period.

I was going to remove my posts in this thread, and I may still due to me not usually getting into the political discussions. I am here for the code. Not for politics.

Again, if anyone (and honestly I have not read the recent replies and do not intend too), feels anything I have said was pointed at any single person... That was not my intent even if it might have read that way. So if it was taken personally I apologize for that, as it was not my intention, but I do not and will not apologize for speaking what I know to be the truth. Not my opinion, but truth, because I have seen enough of the video to convince me of it.

@Arantor, I have a huge amount of respect for you as a developer and a person. I do not care what your politics are. I considered you a friend before this thread, and consider you one now. As I said, I'm not here for politics and I for one can agree to disagree and let it be that. I'm not here to try and convince anyone of anything. People believe what they wish and they have that right. I will stand and defend that right, in person, not just on a keyboard via the internet and they also have the right to speak what they believe, which I will also defend. Does not matter if I agree with someone.

Hope you all have a great day :)

I agree with what you are saying, I am also a free speech supporter and I also think that these sorts of discussions are good, people have to stop getting offended just because someone has a different opinion. Its OK to have a different opinion to someone else, people from the Left and the Right or whatever can still be friends, "generally" someone's political opinions doesn't necessarily make them a bad or good person.

Modern day society has lost something, and censorship of any kind to me is just bad - to come up with good ideas things need to be discussed and debated, bad ideas pointed out, good ideas argued for and they will eventually win.

The more people stay silent, the more people feel they cant speak out, the more one opinion is put forward as the only opinion the worse off the world is going to be.

You realise that every time people like you talk about free speech, the less I believe you actually mean it?

There’s the real censorship: drowning out actual facts in “it’s just discussion”.

Fact. Hunter Biden was just indicted on an additional 9 charges. All tax related. In respect to money the indictment explicitly states was from lobbying. Ok, so where is the F.A.R.A charge?

The real censorship is the fact that here in the US we have an FBI and Injustice Dept that has willfully entered the area of politics. The reason they did not charge him with FARA is the same reason they suppressed the laptop story before the last election. It is also FACT that courts in the US have found that this administration and the FBI have worked to censor Americans in respect to political speech. It is a violation of our constitution. Period. Everything I have just stated is undisputed truth.

I understand there is corruption in politics on any side. I mean lets just be real here. What I am not ok with is when these same politicians have been bribed and compromised to the point where they can not be trusted to put Americas interest ahead of their own. I do not care which party they claim to be part of because I do not like any of them and I trust absolutely none of them.

Were they lobbying from a foreign power? While a number of news outlets are carrying the news of the 9 charges, few give enough details into exactly what. But they all talk about tax, and none of them suggest a foreign agent was involved which would imply FARA doesn’t come into play?

Your claim of “political censorship” is exactly why I don’t trust the whole free speech absolutionist argument. It becomes all too easy to smear an opponent, nothing ever being found to substantiate it but that doesn’t matter, because the damage is done. See Pizzagate for an example.

You realise that every time people like you talk about free speech, the less I believe you actually mean it?

There’s the real censorship: drowning out actual facts in “it’s just discussion”.

You cant honestly believe "real censorship" is drowning out actual facts? to me this just sounds like you are saying, if the facts dont agree with YOUR narrative then they are wrong therefore shouldnt be said or written.

History has shown time and time again, that over the long term if everyone gets their say the best ideas will win, good ideas will drown out the bad and become mainstream, that's how it works. Those who want to censor ideas because they don't suit their narrative are the ones that are against free speech.

A classic example was around covid and how people were censored, many Governments said that they didnt want other opinions to drown out the facts so they just didnt let anyone have any and punished them if they went against mainstream.

The biggest problem with your comment is YOU are deciding what is fact and what isnt. That is not free speech.

You cant honestly believe "real censorship" is drowning out actual facts?
Absolutely it is. I see this every day in the news here.

if the facts dont agree with YOUR narrative then they are wrong therefore shouldnt be said or written.
That's exactly the attitude every single "free speech absolutionist" I've ever met actually carries. That if it's not their personal truth, it's wrong, and no amount of persuasion or evidence will convince them.

Remember, we live in an era where the notion that our planet is flat is becoming more popular. That the moon landings never happened and were filmed on a parking lot in a desert. Or how the circumference of a circle is exactly 3 times the diameter of it (and not 3.141...) And if you meet people who believe these things, it doesn't matter how much evidence you give them, you as the non-believer are wrong.

We live in an era where information overload is so dense, literally anything can be refuted with 'that's just your opinion' and cite any number of documents that can be found online. And at a time where people are quite prepared to discard evidence to suit a theory if the evidence happens to not agree with their reality.

We live in a world where you can be a reviewer of media and get literal death threats because you offended some fans of that media with any review of less than perfect. Or you gave a game 7/10 and that's grounds for suggesting you being disbarred forever from reviewing games. And death threats. (Oh, you can give the *other* games 7/10 but not *this* game, no, *this* game's perfect, 10/10. And it's sequel is also better but equally perfect 10/10, just like its prequel that is still utterly perfect 10/10. It is, of course, nonsense thinking.)

I also rather think you're projecting somewhat; I never pushed the narrative that 'if they are wrong they shouldn't be said'. But it would simplify a great many things if that actually were true. Unfortunately for a good many of us, we would be facts that would need altering.

History has shown time and time again, that over the long term if everyone gets their say the best ideas will win, good ideas will drown out the bad and become mainstream, that's how it works.
Citation needed.

If nothing else, the sheer logic of that on a small scale demonstrates why it doesn't work, rather than why it does: because for any given field there's enough people who can have a go, who think they know, who will drown out those who do every time.

Also consider the human nature effect to accept anecdotal evidence with more conviction than it necessarily deserves. There are so many fields where this holds true where the 'good ideas' should long since have shut dow the 'bad ideas' and yet... here we are. Homeopathy, chiropractice, multi-level marketing schemes, they're the obvious ones, but there are plenty of others.

Those who want to censor ideas because they don't suit their narrative are the ones that are against free speech.
That's just it, though. You can be 'for free speech' and just as efficiently shut down competing narratives. Moreso, because you can convince people that you're enabling discussion. It's very easy to sway opinion in people if you can convince them of the 'goodness' of your narrative being to engage everyone.

We've seen in this thread the notion that if you don't do 'the research', you're effectively stupid. But what research? To what standard? What sources? Is (insert newspaper here) a reliable source for politics? No? What about their recipe for butter chicken?

Worse, you can readily convince people to defend a narrative that's absolutely false with a passion and an energy if you start with appealing to their narrative and turning it. And they'll happily shout down any rejection and *still* claim to support freedom of speech while doing it. Brexit here in this country is a fantastic example; its supporters continue to talk about the freedoms we're going to have/now have. They can't *name* any, and they can find downsides, but they're passionately convinced it was in the name of freedom.

They just didn't stop to ask whose freedom.

Similiarly with being 'for free speech', we curiously don't stop to ask whose. Because it's never 'everyone's'. Not even conceptually.

I said it before, I will say it again - and it's important: truth is a three edged sword. Consider, for a moment, what those three edges might be.

(I also expect this post to be somewhere between tl:dr; and 'well that's just your opinion', because that's the majority of my experience so far talking to people who holds the views being discussed here. I remain open to the possibility that this discussion will be the one that changes my mind on the subject.)

The testimony, Durhams report, as in the special counsel. He issued a scatching report that said, without doubt that the every bit of the Trump "russian" crap was 100% total bullshit. I watched the hearing myself.
Well, you ignored many aspects... it was already WELL proven that Putin and his Russian cronies "worked" the 2016 election. The only thing that MAY have been shown as NO direct contact between TRUMP and his Putin allies... and Durhams report was 100% quantified bull shit. Remind us... exactly how many convictions did his "report" result in?

How bout go watch the congressional hearings from the IRS agents that were blocked from investigating Hunter Biden. Was not ALLOWED to ask questions about Hunter's father.

Once more.... every one (if I remember correctly) received financial benefit directly from Trump or his associates... now, remind us how "reliable" that makes them compared to someone who has "no dog in the hunt"?

Go read all of the bank records that are public record released by the house oversight committee recently. Oh, wait, let me guess, they had the banks go back and forge all of those records to make Biden look bad.
Again... a bunch about nothing.... Show us EXACTLY where Biden is DIRECTLY linked to corruption. Like Comer and his cronies... you can't.... and hate to burst your cherry... but I've been voting Republican for well over 4 decades... and I can see the bull-shit that is being presented by the Trumplican Party. The current crap being spewed is simply an attempt to divert attention to an authoritarian "wanna-be" that wants back into office to "get his revenge" and to kill democracy at it's core level.

If you honestly believe any of what you are trying to defend. You are either willfully ignorant of the topic matter. Or you are a Globalist, Marxist or just plain stupid and can not tell the difference between fact and fiction.
And here-in lay the issue... you think that "your" view is the only "correct" view.. never mind that evidence/facts show otherwise (something the Trump worshipers cannot acknowledge)...
Please, show us all the evidence of the massive fraud that "stole" the 2020 election from Trump. Like many of your ilks "claims".... they are vacuous at best, and disingenuous at their base level. And this his coming from someone who has reliably voted Republican for over 4 decades. I really hate what Trump and his idiotic faithful worshippers (in other words, cult members) have brought my beloved party down to.
ct. Hunter Biden was just indicted on an additional 9 charges. All tax related. In respect to money the indictment explicitly states was from lobbying. Ok, so where is the F.A.R.A charge?
Uhhhh... can you tell the difference between the names Hunter Biden and Joe Biden? Or are you stating on record that the actions of one should damn the remainder of the familial line? I'm SURE we can go back into your familial history and find warts.... as well as every other swinging penis/labia of our Congress critters at some point. I REALLY don't think anyone denies that the sack of shit known as Hunter Biden made use (and profited from) his family name... but after over 3 years... your hero MAGA sycophants have yet to provide ANY direct evidence that Sleepy Joe gained any benefit from that. It is NOT a crime for a familial member to benefit from the family name... and your sack of shit "revolutionaries" have failed miserably in showing any direct link between Biden (bless his cognitively impaired self).

The problem that the MAGA sycophants (and their idiotic followers) have.. they have YET to present ANY factual evidence of the claims they make. Once their fantasy claims are disproven, the land on yet another lily pad.

Last edited:
Democracy.
You don’t live in a democracy. If it were a true democracy you personally would vote in every issue that came up because democracy literally means “rule by the people”. You wouldn‘t have senators, congress folks, the Houses. It is at best a federal republic. Which is a vastly, vastly different thing.

You don’t live in a democracy. If it were a true democracy you personally would vote in every issue that came up because democracy literally means “rule by the people”. You wouldn‘t have senators, congress folks, the Houses. It is at best a federal republic. Which is a vastly, vastly different thing.
sigh.

the assumption of my location lolz :(

I'm in Australia.. its a democracy.

No, Australia is a representative democracy. You do not personally vote on every issue, you vote on people to vote on things on your behalf. Do you check how your representative votes on issues you care about? Because it can be quite surprising for people to learn how their representative votes.

No, Australia is a representative democracy. You do not personally vote on every issue, you vote on people to vote on things on your behalf. Do you check how your representative votes on issues you care about? Because it can be quite surprising for people to learn how their representative votes.
I see you know how to use google.

Yes Australia is a democracy, a representative democracy yes, but still a democracy. You know how an apple is an apple but maybe its a Pink Lady Apple but still part of the family...

Yes I am actually involved in a few different political parties in Australia, both local, state and national, but that's irrelevant.

People that use word play to try and push their point of view, its disingenuous and its as bad as saying "cite your sources" every time you cant have an alternate argument or justify your point of view.

Climate change isn't real... "cite your sources otherwise I win this discussion!!" ... yeah no.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s not just word play, though. There’s a very real problem that sits under the surface in such a representative democracy - as the UK are currently facing, where the members of Parliament are voting wholly within their own, or wider party interests and in no way representing the views of their constituents.

I would guess that here, fewer than 5% of voters have any idea what their MP has *ever* voted for on their behalf, let alone with any regularity. If they did, they might well find it prudent to change.

For example, last night there was a vote to, essentially “declare Rwanda a safe place to send illegal immigrants (asylum seekers)” (the bill did a bit more than that, but that’s the heart of it, clear the path for making it as hostile as possible to come here). We’ve heard in the papers for weeks that ”the British people want this” and that “the British people don’t want an election” but, uh, you didn’t ask me about either of those things, you didn’t ask anyone I know about either of those things.

If you wanted to prove the case that the country was behind it, put it to a referendum. Ask the people. But I’d suggest a country that’s currently dealing with a cost of living crisis, a healthcare system in crisis, a school system with (a large number of) buildings made of defective material… probably isn’t too thrilled at the thought of giving £400 million to Rwanda in the hopes one day it might accept a few hundred refugees, and that we’ll take some of theirs in return (which sort of defeats the point)

A government that is now, coming up on 14 years of being in power, telling us that change is needed that only they can deliver… and they’re not offering it to the public as a choice.

The rules for representative democracies are important. The rules govern what business gets done, and who stands to profit from it. It is a much murkier business than a true democracy would be, but a true democracy is impractical with the sizes of population we have now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds