Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is there any point in renewing a xF licence?

At first... I renewed yearly. The last 3-4 years, I ONLY renewed once because I wanted to use the latest of Bob's XenAddons offerings. If it wasn't for that... I'd still be waiting to see what XF 2.3 brings to the table.
Jennifer Coolidge Coffee GIF by HBO

I like to be updated with the latest version, though I don't need support. However, though, the price is hard to swallow.

My forum now is XF 2, a previous version, and it works perfect.

I'll probably renew when XF 2.3 comes out. After making tedious backups, tho. :)

Honestly... so far... I haven't seen anything that's going to rush to make me upgrade to it.
I really hope they spent more time in actual user interface stuff instead of what we've seen so far, but it doesn't look that promising as a certain developer inferred (if I remember correctly) that there there were a limited number of items scheduled for the HYS's.. in fact, I think it was a whole one?

Honestly... so far... I haven't seen anything that's going to rush to make me upgrade to it.
I really hope they spent more time in actual user interface stuff instead of what we've seen so far, but it doesn't look that promising as a certain developer inferred (if I remember correctly) that there there were a limited number of items scheduled for the HYS's.. in fact, I think it was a whole one?
Agreed. Comparing to IC’s reveals, XF is quite boring. Nothing that makes me want to renew and upgrade.

I just had breakfast. Sausage, bacon, egg, and cheese on Texas Toast. Yum!

Eagerly waiting for 2.3! 😁

I have an expired 2.2.8 license and I can’t justify spending $50 to upgrade to 2.2.13 at the moment. I will probably renew my license when XF 2.3 is released considering it’s a significant upgrade, but until then, I don’t think it’s worth it.

I have an expired 2.2.8 license and I can’t justify spending $50 to upgrade to 2.2.13 at the moment. I will probably renew my license when XF 2.3 is released considering it’s a significant upgrade, but until then, I don’t think it’s worth it.
The last couple of patches were minor stuff, so yes, agreed. I'm definitely looking forward to the next major release. Hopefully, they'll add native webp support.

Forum software does need updating, but the $55 fee is tough after paying other stuff I owe for the month, but nonetheless, I don't want the software to run worse or not run. I guess it's like a car and needs maintenance.

Forum software does need updating, but the $55 fee is tough after paying other stuff I owe for the month, but nonetheless, I don't want the software to run worse or not run. I guess it's like a car and needs maintenance.
I shut my forum down lol

But I think $70 for another year of updates and support isn't bad, considering the quality of the code and its simple, but powerful add-on system.

If I ever open another forum, it will definitely be Xenforo.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor