Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is lack of FOCUS the reason most Startup fail?

Yes, research have proven that most people fail because of lack of focus. If you not focus you can be easily swayed and drifted from the part you set up. Mostly in business, it takes serious hard work and focus to make it work because you are going to pass through lots of trying times and challenges and if you not focus you might not even know when you end up giving up.

Advertisement Placeholder
From lack of product-market fit to disharmony on the team, we break down the top 20 reasons for startup failure by analyzing 101 startup failure post-mortems.

There many things to make a start-up business faild, but the major things are the unwell plans and research, then I can also say lack of focus. Any business that do not have a strong plan will no longer exists because plan for business is like foundation of house.

There are many reasons why startups fail. Among the main causes, I consider that there are, the lack of good capital, poor financial management, focus, a good strategy and, last but not least, marketing, which is the way to attract customers. The latter must be done with excellent and attractive advertising.

lack of focus is just one of the factors that makes a big businesses crumble. Some people seem to lose focus quickly whenever the encounter difficulties in their businesses. if you have a good business plan and you will never be deterred during hard times.
Very true @idhans, a good business plan must have put a lot of things into consideration before implementation. Business plan is a blue print of a soon to be business. Also, it must consider all possible challenges that the business might encounter.

Lack of focus sometimes is the major reason why some business fail, focus is one of the major factors that make a business keep growing, you have to be focus and always tighten your belt when handling a business

Tying to the more common reason of running out of cash, a number of startup founders explicitly cited a lack of investor interest either at the seed follow-on stage or at all.

Smart earbud startup Doppler took hundreds of meetings to try to raise the necessary capital, but investors just didn’t seem to believe in the general market

Location was an issue in a couple of different ways. The first was that there has to be congruence between your startup’s concept and location.

As the location-aware instant messaging service Meetro wrote,
Location also played a role in failure for remote teams. The key being that if your team is working remotely, make sure you find effective communication methods, otherwise lack of teamwork and planning could lead to failure.

The failure of a business can be affected by lack of focus.this comes to play when the owner of the business don't pay close attention to put things that can aid the growth of the business. I believe that lack of focus stems its root from lack of sense of direction. Most business lack direction on who exactly they want their business to operate.

Yes you are right, although there are a lot of factors, but lack of focus is the root cause, when you lack focus in the business alot of things will go wrong, you will no longer be persistent, or have enthusiasm, the business will eventually run down.

As for me I will say yes lack of focus is the reasons majority of startup fails because they never focus on the business and also maybe they only set up the business because they have some other things they doing but forgotten that business is most important in anything you doing

I have made an input before but let me add this one again.
Lack of focus play a big role in the failure of a business but that does not mean that it is the only factor that makes businesses to fail. There are other major factors such as lack of start up fund and bad management.

If the business environment isn't right then it is doomed to fail ,I read somewhere that 3 out of every 5 startup fail. It could be due to a number of different factors , adequate funding is one of the major reason why startup fail. Also not having a predisposed plan allows room for failure.

Most startup fold up because of lack of proper management. A business that has focus bit lacks proper management will definitely fold up. Another thing that makes a startup fail is digiligence, commitment and lack of adequate funding.

it could be one of the reasons, but not the main one, focusing is so important and calculating every possibility is a must, skip a step and your business will fail for sure, so take that consideration when handling a business

Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

What other things could lead to early closure of Newly established businesses?
Lack of focus is not the only ingredient that is needed for a successful business. There are several factors that could lead to a successful venture. All these factors must be combined together in order to see the effect. So, in this case, he might not be focus but if he lacks on other areas then the business will fail.

There are many things that contributes to startup business failures. Not being focused is part of it too but not in all cases. One can be focused and still fail in his business.
Inadequate knowledge or orientation is part of the courses and many others.

No, there are so many reasons though it's one of the reasons. There are some other reasons to like lack of full knowledge of the business, improper management of the available resources and lack of friendly environment for the business to strife.

Having studied how over 60% of startups failed, I noticed series of trends that eventually lead to their early closure. The one that baffled me the most is the major impact it has in early closure on some promising businesses.

What other things could lead to early closure of Newly established businesses?
Yes dear there may be many reasons for business failure but most of the reasons are non focus and having no concentration with the work.
Because at the initial stage of every type of business, there is required more focus concentration determination and hard work to established.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds