Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

is it possible for a business to survive after owners death?

A business that can't operate without its founder is a business with a deadline. Many businesses suffer after founder's death, and it is often caused by the founder being unable to let go of certain decisions and responsibilities as the business grows. Over dependency is something common in sole proprietorship.

is it possible for a business to survive after owners death?
Sometimes I think that it is very possible because if the business is successful, it can be sold to a different person who can then take over managing the business.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is not every family member that wants to live in the same place where their father's businesses are as they might live in different countries. In a situation where the children never wanted to return to where their father's businesses are located, it is not bad if they sell it or donates it to people who will make good use of it.
Well sometimes the father always made an arrangement to make sure that everything in the family is done the way he will need it to be done, a situation in which the father do not need the property to be sold ,what do you think the children should do ?

Yes it is very possible for a business to survive after the owner died but it all depends on the person who takes over after the death of the formal owner. If the person is capable of taking care of your business then the business will last long but if the person is not capable of taking care of the business the business might crush
That is so true. The business will fail if the one who will replace him is not capable to run the business. It's better then for that business to close down. It's because eventually it will crash because of lack of knowledge and business skills.

Well sometimes the father always made an arrangement to make sure that everything in the family is done the way he will need it to be done, a situation in which the father do not need the property to be sold ,what do you think the children should do ?
Well I understood your point perfectly. When someone dies he does not really have a say on what happens with his properties except he has a written down "Will" on how to share and manage his business which must be signed by an attorney or else the children or family decides what happens to his business and other properties.

A business can survive after the death of the owner if the business afterwards is managed by a capable hands and meet all standards and requirements

It's possible but it is not common to small and medium businesses. What you need to do build a good board of trustees.

That depends if there is a will to continue by the family members. That's having interest in the kind of job. Or better still the children having interest.
It is possible for a business to survive after owner's death if the business has good management structure with these they will be considered even though the owner is dead.

In a situation where all the family members are all doing well or not in the same country where the business is located, they will likely close the business or even sell it.
You are definitely right, its possible for a business to survive and continue doing well if the deceased have the neccesary equipment and people to take the business up .

It is very possible for a business to continue even after the death of it owner if their is a next kid who has been put to line of the business from the very onset

Well I understood your point perfectly. When someone dies he does not really have a say on what happens with his properties except he has a written down "Will" on how to share and manage his business which must be signed by an attorney or else the children or family decides what happens to his business and other properties.
Lolz, do you really think that without inviting a lawyer that the children will not keep the Will of the father ? If this is so then I don't think it is the best option because we are to respect the will of the Dead concerning his property.

It is actually very possible that a business can survive even when the founders or the owner dies as far as the keys is being handled very well by a lawyer or his will is being followed.

There are many companies that still exists since the owner has died, the only thing is that if they have a good person to handle the business/company. But there is nothing concerned a family of some people may be the company existing or not.

It all depends on how the successor of the company runs the business. There have been many companies that got dissolved after the death of its owner. Some companies were handed down to welfare trusts. However, this is a case that happens rarely.

Lolz, do you really think that without inviting a lawyer that the children will not keep the Will of the father ? If this is so then I don't think it is the best option because we are to respect the will of the Dead concerning his property.
You cannot read a Will without the presence of a certified legal practitioner. The agreements in a documents are not always adhere to if there is no sophisticated law that backed it.

It is very possible for aa business to survive after the death of it's owner. Infact lots of businesses do survive after the death of it's owners. It all the depends of the management expertise

It is very possible for aa business to survive after the death of it's owner. Infact lots of businesses do survive after the death of it's owners. It all the depends of the management expertise
yes there are various examples where most of the businesses which are reputed transfer the ownership. Once the business gets recognition, obviously the ownership may change but the business will remain same.

Some businesses may fail because the public might feel the new person handling the business is not as capable as the late or deceased person

Some businesses may fail because the public might feel the new person handling the business is not as capable as the late or deceased person
Yes it is possible for a business to survive after all our state if the business has a good structure and also good Management with this it can continue.

Very possible, especially if it’s a family business. When my dad’s dad passed away (my Grandpa) of course my dad took over the business. It’s a hardware business. Very dusty store because of all the wood and tools, etc. I have no interest in going there mostly because I can’t breathe. So now my dad owns the store, and my little brother is slowly taking over the business as well. Also, the guy I marry will have a share, but that’s only if I decide to get married. If not, my little brother will take over and pass it on to his little boy and maybe my nephew from my other brother. 🕊

Yes of course it can survived even when the owner is death as long as he or her did not keep the secret that sustain the businesses to their selves alone because there aew people that do that, but if it's shares when alive the business can continue to survive or of they are not the ones running the businesses it can also continue to survived.
The thing I have discovered is that most businesses that survived after their owners that are mostly international corporations, big businesses that their owners has laid big foundation for and so whenever those kind of business loses their owners then the business will always and most definitely continue.

So many businesses suffer collapse because of the death of it's owner. Those who took control or charge over the businesses never had any experience managing any business or that nature of business most times

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds